Kudos: 28

UniFi nanoHD & Kindle Paperwhite SSID Issues

I am having a weird issue with our nanoHD WAPs and Kindle Paperwhites (confirmed with two different ones tied to two different users).  The Paperwhites only see one of the SSIDs (alphabetically the first, but I don't know if that is relevant or not).  The Paperwhites do see the other SSIDs in areas covered by our AC-Pro WAP, however.  Also, interestingly, after triggering a reprovisioning of the nanoHDs, the Paperwhite is able to see the other SSIDs temporarily, but eventually they disappear again.  Noting that most client devices are not having this issue, but it is consistent with Paperwhites.  Noting that it may also be an issue with an older Android tablet, but I have not yet confirmed.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this or have any suggestions?

Software Versions:

• Access Points: 3.9.54.9373
  • Controller: 5.9.29
Kudos: 4547
Solutions: 1183

Re: UniFi nanoHD & Kindle Paperwhite SSID Issues

Hello @Tim007,

Could you update the UAP NanoHDs to the latest BETA firmware? ( follow this to sign up for BETA. )

Do other clients have the same behaviour?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 28

Re: UniFi nanoHD & Kindle Paperwhite SSID Issues

I am hesitant to push out the beta firmware, as these are all "production" access points, but if I have a reasonable time window to play around with it, I will give it a try.

Re: other devices having the issue, as I stated, most client devices are not having this issue.  I have only confirmed it on the Paperwhites, but someone did have a similar issue on an older Android tablet; I have not had a chance to revisit that device to confirm its behavior, however.