Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Unifi AC HD not showing in network, but broadcasting

Hi,

I've tried to fince another topic and read the "UniFi - Debugging Intermittent Connectivity Issues on your UAP"-thread, but found no solution.

I got an Unifi AC HD. I got it setup with the Controller like 4 months ago. Unfortunately the server with the controller installed broke down. Now I setup a new server, installed the Controller (5.5.24), but the wizard cannot find the AP in the network. I cannot even find my AP myself. It is not listed in the DHCP. The funny thing however is: I got a wifi signal and it's working.

Does anyone here have an idea how I get back access to the access point? Right now I cannot even ping it, because I don't know which IP adress it uses.

I'd appreaciate any help and will provide any additional information if needed.

Cheers

Marco

Accepted Solutions
SuperUser
Kudos: 5203
Solutions: 1740

Re: Unifi AC HD not showing in network, but broadcasting

Reset it to factory defaults with the reset button. Adopt and configure it in the new controller. Make sure your new server has the same Firewall settings as the old (working) server did.
I did it my way .... Man Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 5203
Solutions: 1740

Reset it to factory defaults with the reset button. Adopt and configure it in the new controller. Make sure your new server has the same Firewall settings as the old (working) server did.
I did it my way .... Man Happy

Hi flipper,

thanks for your quick response. I will try this as soon as all employees went home.

Cheers

Marco

Emerging Member
Kudos: 19
Solutions: 4

I had a similar issue where I accidentally reset the database on our controller (luckily we've only currently got 2 APs for a test deployment). As far as the APs were concerned it was a new controller instance. Just hold the reset button for 5-10 seconds, and they will show up to be adopted as long as they can find your controller by DNS as unifi (which shouldn't be a problem on a flat network... VLANs and managed switches change that scenario).
Highlighted

Allright,

flippers suggestions worked. I had to restart the Controller and the AP several times, but in the end provisioning was running. Thanks!

(Another possible solution might have been adopting the AP, but I haven't had the device login credentials....)