Kudos: 4
Solutions: 1

Unifi AC MESH PRO vs Unifi AC HD

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have 2 big warehouses (each one 350 m2) and I'm a bit confused with this 2 unifi products:

Unifi AC MESH PRO vs Unifi AC HD

At the moment I have a unifi cloud key -> switch 12 ports (non unifi) -> want to connect a 2 AP's (each one in warehouse).

Wich product should I go for?

I have 400mb down / 100 up provide by ISP.

Pro and cons of each AP?

Considering that I will have users that "room" from one AP to other and vice-versa.

Should I pick

Unifi AC HD - to use the wave 2?

or

Unifi AC MESH PRO - to create a mesh network and the users room freely from one to other?

Thanks in advance for your help

Established Member
Kudos: 971
Solutions: 244

Re: Unifi AC MESH PRO vs Unifi AC HD

[ Edited ]

The HD is made for high density, lot's of connected clients. It supports mu-mimo.

The mesh is rugged to withstand the outdoor elements.

I can't recommend one yet, it depends on your use case, the number and type of clients that use the APs.

Tell us about how the APs will be used.

Edit: just read your edited post. Roaming works the same on all APs. If possible always wire your APs.

Try to avoid mesh (wireless uplink). It makes the Wlan much faster and more reliable without it. By avoid mesh, I'm not saying not to use the Mesh Pro, I mean not to use it's wireless uplink feature. (All unifi APs support the mesh/wireless uplink feature)

Please give kudo's to the people who have helped you and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.
For a deeper understanding on how WiFi works.
Certified UEWA, ACSP, ACTC
Highlighted

As I described my setup, each AP will be located central on each warehouse.

The AP will receiving from switch non-unifi in order to provide wireless internet to the users - most of them mobile and tablets devices.

My "fear" is on the edges of this warehouse where I have put "?" if I use the Unifi AD HD will have more troubles to room between both of AP's? Or it's better the Unifi mesh - because of the mesh network?edge.jpg

Established Member
Kudos: 971
Solutions: 244

As mentioned before there is no difference in roaming behaviour between Mesh-Pro and AC-HD. The connected clients do the roam not the APs. 

Looking at your drawing it looks like two square warehouses. So if one is 350 m2, then the sides have a max length of 20m.

You should not have an issues in the corners, but that depends also on what is stored in the warehouse. Is it one open space and no walls?

Please give kudo's to the people who have helped you and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.
For a deeper understanding on how WiFi works.
Certified UEWA, ACSP, ACTC

Correct 350 m2 of open space. Only between the warehouses have a thick wall (40cm of concre)

Kudos: 1227
Solutions: 80

[ Edited ]

Download and install UniFi Controller 5.8.latest. It has map function that allows you to upload your image and place virtual APs, of various kinds.
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Blog/bg-p/Blog_UniFi

I have UniFi AC HD, gravely disappointing (in comparison to the AC-PRO, and even a G1100). Is it possible that it is failing for lack in clients. I have under 100 clients at the moment.

Thanks

Kudos: 3507
Solutions: 916

Hello @_gd,

Welcome to the community!

I would recommend creating a new thread..

What exactly are you facing?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

I have both a UniFi AC HD & UniFi AC PRO

UniFi AC HD performs badly.

Each in different WLAN Group.

Each is plugged into cat6a line.

(Tried differnt lines too, btw.)

Hello @_gd,

Perfomance are bad? Could you give us some more information?

How many clients are connected?

What is your channel utilization?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Precisely my question, does it matter how many clients?
Channel is auto.

thanks

Hello @_gd,

What do you mean with | does it matter on how many cleints?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

have under 100 clients at the moment & asking if that makes a difference considering it is meant for 500.

Hello @_gd,

How much data are the users pulling?

Are they all on the 2.4GHz channel?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG