Highlighted

Unifi AC Pro router resolving back to 100 FDX

Hi there -

I recently had a cable run of about 90 feet and the terminations were correctly tested with a cable tester. However, I have an issue where the connection initially is 1 Gbps for about 2-3 hours but then resolves back to 100 FDX. When I reboot the router, the same situation occurs. The same happens regardless of if I set the negotiation to auto or manual.

I have tried both the 60W and 150W switches to the same result. Is there an easy solution to the issue?

Thanks!

Established Member
Kudos: 248
Solutions: 83

Re: Unifi AC Pro router resolving back to 100 FDX

Hello,

Iknow you have tested the cable but could you try a different cable? Sometimes the cable works fine for other devices but won't work well with the UAPs.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO
USW-24-POE-250W • USW-24 • USW-8
UAP-AC-HD • UAP-AC-PRO
Established Member
Kudos: 407
Solutions: 85

[ Edited ]

"the terminations were correctly tested with a cable tester."

What brand and model of tester? Some will show cables as good that are actually bad.

----------------

"When I reboot the router, the same situation occurs."

A UAP-AC-PRO is not a router. It is a wireless access point (network bridge) and has no routing abilities. Are you talking about rebooting your network gateway router, or the UAP-AC-PRO access point?

What firmware is on the UAP-AC-PRO, and is the device to which it is connected (a switch or router) at its most recent firmware level?

Gregg

Kudos: 627
Solutions: 218

I have had 2 AC-PRO's for over 2 years. I''ve had almost the same problem for the last year. The AP's refuse to connect over 100FX.

They are connected to:
Netgear JGS516PE - 16-Port Gigabit ProSAFE Plus Switch with POE

I just assumed it was a firmware issue and stopped worrying about it, I've posted about the problem at least twice with no solutions.

Just to clarify I only us UL listed CAT6, Non of that COPPER CLAD crap.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1071
Solutions: 191

None of you is connecting anything to the secondary port of the AC-PRO right? If you do and that device negotiates 100FDX for the link, that speed will also then also apply to the primary port.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
Details on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here.

@slooffmaster wrote:

None of you is connecting anything to the secondary port of the AC-PRO right? If you do and that device negotiates 100FDX for the link, that speed will also then also apply to the primary port.

Correct no use of secondary port.

Kudos: 54
Solutions: 3

Can you put a temporary purchased certified shielded cable on it for a control data point? If it is happening on that one as well, maybe it is a controller thing...or the unit itself.

Im pretty sure I already had a pre terminated cable (I make them for a living so doubt I screwed it up but I'm pretty sure I ruled that out already in case I did) with the original POE adapter to rule out the switch as the problem. But since memory is crap . I'll check again and let you know
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 3

I hear ya. I do too...BUT...just a few weeks ago, turns out my crimper wasn't pushing down the last pin connection.  Had to go back to the job before and REDO a few just in case. Upon looking at them, a few did not get pressed all the way.  Now I visually inspect every dang one of them.

Keep me posted, I'm curious what the solution will be but more importantly, the cause.

Best,

P.