Unifi AP Configuration

Hi,

We have 2 Unifi AP's setup on our first floor and ground floor but expierincing low and degraded speeds on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz speeds, what is there to do to improof the speeds, coverage, etc. It's installed in the centre of the building, if that helps at all.

If I need to post any additional information, please do let me know.

Thanks.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 6

Re: Unifi AP Configuration

Hello @jtvdw, what model APs are you using? What is the size of the building (how much square footage are these APs covering?) Could you post the Radio configuration from one of your APs for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? 

Jonathan See | UniFi Support Team

Hi,

It's 2 x UniFi AP LR's and not sure about the square meters of the building, I will have to get that.

Yes, on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, will that be a issue? We have connecting issues though?

One is on the first floor and one is on the ground floor, more or less same position in the building.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Kudos: 1672
Solutions: 506

Hello @jtvdw,

Could you post your system config?

Settings > Maintenance > Support Info > Show System Config

I recommend using the following Radio Settings

Devices > UAP > Config > Radios

2.4 GHz
Channel width: HT20
Chanel: 1/6/11 | Choose one of these channels, a RF scan will help you choose the most clean one.
Transmit Power: Low/Medium

5GHz
Channel width: VHT40 | Optional VHT80 might decrease wireless stability
Chanel: 36/44 | Optional (149/157) Choose one of these channels, a RF scan will help you choose the most clean one. Avoid using DFS Channels
Transmit Power: Medium/High

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK