SuperUser
Kudos: 2000
Solutions: 114

Re: Unifi AP often drops off, needs to be rebooted

How is the power? Clean?
Do you have things on a UPS?

Honestly, since I relocated an AP on the floor below the troublesome one, I haven't had this issue. But I have no idea how that led to a "fix".
No, power is not conditioned, but my other UPS never indicate any power abnormalities.

Hi All,

Here is my follow-up to my unifi-outdoor issue-

RMA requested.

Approved.

UBNT replaced it with a completely different unit (new date code, MAC and sealed in brand-spankin' new packing with all the accessories)

I'm testing it now. So far it has been perfect, just what I've always wanted.

Thanks.

Can anyone from Ubiquiti comment on this problem?  I am experiencing this in my busy Cafe and it really is unacceptable from a business standpoint to have to reset my AP constantly in the middle of rushes.

Highlighted

Hey all. Well it's been 3&1/2 years since this last post above by taliseen and I am now experiencing drop outs on a brand new AP PRO. Latest firmware, connected to brand new 24PORT POE Unifi switch, managed via a Brand new cloud Key.

I am a electrician/network tech and manage several commercial premise and have all clients running wireless streaming music, wireless POS systems, IP CCTV, Security etc. I have had several very embarrassing drop outs during peak periods where the barista cannot take an order or print a docket to the kitchen due to drop outs. I would have thought with the complete Unifi infrastructure and hardware, I'd have no issues considering the internet connection is stable and all connected via UPS.

Very frustrated.

I’d love to have an answer to this as well. I have an AP Pro installed at a law firm and a lot of Network printers are WiFi, including some of their tenant pc’s. I often get calls that the WiFi is slow or down. After a power cycle of the access point everything comes up fine. Sometimes printers are unreachable until I restart access point. Guess network and all inaccessible. help!!!!  I have access points in my home and they work flawlessly so I chose this setup for this client.  They have a 5 port Poe router. I thought maybe the router was being overloaded but I’m not restarting router just access point to get working again. 

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 3

I have this problem with an NSM2. Using it as a station and the internet connection gets progressively worse until I reboot and it goes back to working well.

Kudos: 3510
Solutions: 917

Hello @jmartin919,

Recommend posting about NSM2's in the AirMAX Section.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK