Emerging Member
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Unifi Ap cannot connect HP Printer

For some reason my HP Printer does not want to connect to the Unifi AP Pro when a WPA/WPA2 password is set. If I remove the password it connects. If I set up the old router it connects with a WPA2 password as well. I have reset the printer to factory settings. Any one else have this issue. Only thing I could think of was create an open SSID and maybe only allow that printer mac address to connect? anyone know how to do this?

Accepted Solutions
Established Member
Kudos: 330
Solutions: 103

Re: Unifi Ap cannot connect HP Printer

If you use PSK, then you do not need any advanced roaming techniques. With PSK roaming time is already less then <50 ms. I love reading Andrew’s articles, below is one of them:

http://www.revolutionwifi.net/revolutionwifi/2012/02/wi-fi-roaming-analysis-part-2-roaming.html

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

Is Fast Roaming enabled?
Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.
Emerging Member

Yes 

Established Member

Disable it.
Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
Kudos: 3069
Solutions: 821

[ Edited ]

Hello @07stuntar1,

Like mlskrypka said disable Fast Roaming.

Also is the Printer in the range of the UAP?

You may also want to set static channels if you haven't already.

2.4 GHz
Channel width: HT20
Chanel: 1/6/11 | Choose one of these channels, a RF scan will help you choose the most clean one.
Transmit Power: Low/Medium

5GHz
Channel width: VHT40
Chanel: 36/44 | Optional (149/157) Choose one of these channels, a RF scan will help you choose the most clean one. Avoid using DFS Channels
Transmit Power: High

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Emerging Member

I have a 4 APs doesn’t this allow to roam between them faster? We use a lot of WiFi calling because there is no service in the basement. 

Emerging Member

The printer connects perfectly find if I remove the WPA2 key and set it to open. The printer is about 10 feet away from the AP. 

Kudos: 3069
Solutions: 821

Hello @07stuntar1,

Don't use fast roaming unless really needed.

Does your printer have a interface so you can connect to the wireless network?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Established Member

If you use PSK, then you do not need any advanced roaming techniques. With PSK roaming time is already less then <50 ms. I love reading Andrew’s articles, below is one of them:

http://www.revolutionwifi.net/revolutionwifi/2012/02/wi-fi-roaming-analysis-part-2-roaming.html

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
Emerging Member

Yes it does have a wireless interface. It connects perfectly fine with no password.
Emerging Member

I will give it a try. Thank You