Kudos: 8

Re: Unifi Controller 5.10.12 - Bad Wifi Experience?!

Strange that all my Apple devices have a 100% Wifi experience. 

All others (Echo Dots, Android devices, a printer etc.) are at 0%. 

Didn't they pay enough money to Ubiquity to get a higher experience level? Man Wink

Let's hope they fix that soon and provide the update for it asap.

Cheers everyone!

Kudos: 1

Same problem here; however all devices connected to NanoHD are reporting 100%, and all devices connected to AC Pro are reporting 0%.

All devices appear to be obtaining IPs and working fine, however the sea of RED on my dashboard is playing mind games with me.

Kudos: 66
Solutions: 4

Same problem bad wifi experience 0% but signal is good +90%

+1 with different behaviors in similar scenarios:

Work AP = Wifi Experience 0% in Red on almost all devices (~10 connected)
Home AP = Wifi experience 94~100% and all in Green (5 devices connected at the moment)

Both locations have UAP-AC-LR (different board revisions) and the controller installed on a Linux machine (Debian).

I upgraded both controllers this morning but I have not yet restarted the Access Points because they are currently in use, i also did not restart the controller servers yet.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 2

I see the same, but keep in mind that there is much more to metrics of network performance (Wi-Fi Experience) than just signal strength.

If you go to devices and click on one of the devices that are exhibiting the problem in the Device Overview window that opens, it will indicate next to "Cause" why the device is getting the low score and provides a recommendation for a possible solution.

For example in my case one of the devices I am having issue with (Kids Xbox One) will intermittently drop to to 0% WiFi Experience, but still show +90% Signal strength. Checking the Overview when this happens it is indicating the cause as "High TCP Latency" and a ping or tracert to the device at that time does in fact confirm this. Now the GOOD part is that the device continues to work without issue during this so it is not high enough to effect performance, but must be outside whatever threshhold Ubiquiti has set for that indicator thus causing the 0% Wi-Fi Experience.

Highlighted

Every one of mine showing 0% are due to:

Cause: DHCP Timeout
Recommendation: Please check that your DHCP server is accessible and properly configured

I have rebooted the AP and controller several times, reset the AP to default and re-adopted, reset and forgot AP then re-adopted.  All to no avail...

Checked DHCP Server Logs and devices are getting IPs allocated.

Screenshot from 2019-02-11 15-16-51-cropped.png

Kudos: 3

It's strange because I'm getting the DHCP timeout but only on a SSID that I have vLAN'd and is on a diff subnet with its own gateway and dhcp managed by my Sonicwall.  Never been an issue before, but now these clients are showign the 0 wifi experience score.  They are absolutely getting DHCP...

Confirmed - [FIRMWARE] 4.0.22.9996 for UAP gets rid of the DHCP Timeout incorrecly reporting 0% health on UAP-AC-Pro.

However - still not sure I am a fan of this WiFi Experience Metric thats been introduced in the latest Controller version.

A couple of my devices (both Amazon Echo's) intermittently report 0% due to:

High TCP Latency
Recommendation: Please ensure that you are using a router that has traffic shaping enabled, such as Smart Queues on a UniFi Security Gateway (USG)

Every other device is 94-100%.

Any one know what Unifi class as High Latency? Pings are <10msec fwiw.
Kudos: 3

Thats a good question... It would be nice to know exactly what the metrics are for scoring.

Kudos: 4

@sirfragalot wrote:

Confirmed - [FIRMWARE] 4.0.22.9996 for UAP gets rid of the DHCP Timeout incorrecly reporting 0% health on UAP-AC-Pro.

However - still not sure I am a fan of this WiFi Experience Metric thats been introduced in the latest Controller version.

A couple of my devices (both Amazon Echo's) intermittently report 0% due to:

High TCP Latency
Recommendation: Please ensure that you are using a router that has traffic shaping enabled, such as Smart Queues on a UniFi Security Gateway (USG)

Every other device is 94-100%.

Any one know what Unifi class as High Latency? Pings are <10msec fwiw.

My Amazon Echo Dot's also report the very low score with High TCP Latency.

Emerging Member

I personally think the Wi-Fi Experience metric is a nice addition. It can be a useful tool in determining issue/cause with a Wi-Fi device in the network. As noted earlier in the thread sometimes folks to often get stuck on "my signal strength is great" when there is more to network performance than that.

In my case the device that was occasionly showing 0% and High TCP Latency, was in fact showing ping rates exceeding 60ms and excessively long tracert times.I do agree would be nice to know what Unifi considers HIGH TCP Latency.  

On the Release notes for the Beta of this release is has the following.

Known Issues:

• Some statistics on the dashboard are still under development. Please share any and all feedback!

I'm guessing the could have used a little more feedback.

Hi, 

I was woundering if anyone had found a fix for this?

I have 2 Access points setup, 

An UAP-AC-IW-US and an UAP-AC-PRO-E, since upgrading them to version 4.0.21.9965, I have found that the following is getting reported:

poor_element.jpg

In additon my client list shows:

clients.jpg

On one two of my devices I see it repeatly connecting and then disconnecting from the SSID

Based on other comments here, it seems 4.0.22 fixes this.  I'm not sure that is the currect candidate for release or not.

Unfortunately it is not, if anyone has a link of where it can be downloaded from I will happy upgrade to it.

Currently I am downgrading to 4.0.14.9736

You need to be in the Ubiquiti Beta / Early Access program.  Easy to become a member.  Go to Account profile and select 'Early Access', agree to the terms and your in.  You will the have access to the Beta forums, they will have links to the Beta software / firmware.  Also access to Beta Hardware in the store.

Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Our DHCP work well with past firmware 3.9.* and all my wired network (300 pc's with dhcp ) work like charm...... I dont want to change all my config for buggy unifi AP's firmware 4.0.*

Thanks signed, up, guess it takes a while for the firmware to be availabe for installation

Well, It's not quite that easy.  You will need to download the Beta Firmware yourself then have your AP grab it up from your local drive.  Go into the Unifi Wireless Beta forum, you will see a conversation titled [FIRMWARE] 4.0.22.9996 for UAP/USW has been released, Open that, The first listing has a link, follow that, near the bottom you will see links to download the appropriate Firmware for your device.  Good Luck.

Thank you