Kudos: 11

Re: Unifi Controller 5.10.12 - Bad Wifi Experience?!

@

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 5

I too have this issue. Hoping for the new "stable" (lol) release soon.

This is also happening in Controller 5.10.17.11638-1 with firmware 0.13.4

wifi-0.png

Hi,

Not sure if this is any help but I noticed that both devices where I have WiFi Experience reporting 0% problems are from the same vendor, i.e. Microchi.

wifiexp-1.jpg

wifiexp-2.jpg  

wifiexp-3.jpg

Quite sure this is not deivce vendor specific as I have Apple, Android, Amazon, Windows, etc on network. 

Kudos: 1

I had same on AC Pro. so i decide to downgrade... and it worked again

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/FIRMWARE-4-0-21-9965-for-UAP-USW-has-been-released-Stab...

Kudos: 8
Solutions: 2

The release notes clearly say there are still problems with statisics in the new 5.10.17 build.  The only posters that have report resolution of this issue have upgraded their AP's and switches to 4.0.22.9996 Beta.  There is a newer build 4.0.24.10010 in Beta now.  It has some issues and I would guess will not be a candidate for production.  The developers are going to need a little more to iron out the kinks here.  That said, I believe the 'Bad Wifi Experience' issue will be fixed in the AP/Switch firmware, not in the controller software/firmware. 

I would encourage everyone that wants a better idea of what's going to sign up for the Beta program and then read the Unifi Wireless Beta posts.  That will show you what is being worked on at any given moment.

Just my 2 cents.

Kudos: 9

[ Edited ]

I tried to install 4.0.24 to check if the firmware fixes the Wifi Experience issue present many of my devices on 2.4 GHz.

Unfortunately, the problem still present with this beta.. Rolling back to 4.0.21. Look for ward to get a fix!

Kudos: 3

How do the releases obtain the "STABLE" status when things like this are a glaring problem? 

I don't see a lot of difference in running a Bata vs. a Stable release anymore.  You get new problems with all of them! 

Kudos: 4124
Solutions: 1062

[ Edited ]

Hello @mark-avery,

Please read the release notes... also WiFi Experience doesn't really have an effect on the clients.

• Some statistics on the dashboard are still under development. Please share any and all feedback!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Youre reconnect advice solved the "problems"

@AmazedMender16 

Understood, but still under development to me indicates that we are still enhancing them.  It should say; 

Some statistics on the dashboard don't work worth a damb, please ignore them until we can fix them. Please share any and all feedback!

When your clients look at the UniFi dashboards and get a notice saying their network needs help and that things are broken that IS a problem... 

Why release it if it does not work?  Keep it in the Bata! 

Kudos: 22

Thought I'd add that I'm seeing this problem too and the "differentiator" is pretty stark...  With 19 active clients in the site, 8 of them are on the guest WiFi/subnet and all work correctly.  The other 11 are on the internal WiFi/subnet and all have a 0% WiFi experience.

The difference between guest and internal is the guest subnet uses an ERX for the dhcp server while the internal uses a Windows domain dhcp server.   And, guest is a tagged subnet while internal is pvid 1.

Hopefully the forthcoming firmware also addresses the apparent issue with WiFi clients getting dhcp leases from a Windows dhcp server.

As far as I can tell, this issue is only present when there are multiple networks using DHCP (even if its the same DHCP server).  

I have one environment where I only have a single AP with a single network and thus a single DHCP server IP... no WiFi experience reporting issues at all. 

However in another environment I have a single AP, with two networks and thus two DHCP server IPs.  It seems that the WiFi experience feature is reporting that a host is getting DHCP timeouts from the DHCP server IP for the network that it **properly** shouldnt be getting an IP from at all.  While this of course is working as designed, the WiFi experience reporting feature is failing to properly account for this.  I even tried configuring DHCP guarding on the controller but that didn't help.

Looks like we just have to ignore the "WiFi Experience Feature" and wait for the next release (either controller ar AP firmware).

I have sites that have only one network and have a problem.

So my problems started with a customers house that has 7 Honeywell Thermostats ALL and only one other WiFi device.  All The T Stats had a 0% WiFi Experancescore.  

So I put two in at my house today and can replicate the same problem with ONLY that hardware.  All other WiFi devices on my network have shown a solid signal.  Distance to the AP is about 10'!

Just some info for whoever is working on this but it IS device specific.

Unifi Problem.jpg

Not to contribute to the #badstatsMeToo movement, but me too.

Environment:

Windows 2012 DHCP Server

Controller 5.10.12 and 5.10.17 (running on a linux VM)

AP's: UniFi AP-AC-Pro FW: 4.0.21.9965 Board Revision26

Reported:

DHCP timeout issues -check

High TCP Latency - check

0% Wifi experience - check.

Fortunately for us, our wifi environment is not massive, so we'll ignore stats - Stats and alarms that are consitently inconsistent may as well be dropped.  We are responding to any wifi issues as they arrise.

Also fortunate is that the actual wifi experience with Ubiquiti is far and away better than our previous vendor - we love the product thus far.

Hopefully the team can update this soon, as we'd love to lean on the controller more for insight.   The promise is really great.

Same problem here all Andriod Devices and Samsung TV get ver bad wifi experience 0-20% 

High Latency ... use ... (i have an Edge router Pro so really not recomened to have a unifi security gateway )

my internet is working perfect and so is all my other devices 

Ubiquiti fix this 

thanks 

@sirfragalot wrote:

Confirmed - [FIRMWARE] 4.0.22.9996 for UAP gets rid of the DHCP Timeout incorrecly reporting 0% health on UAP-AC-Pro.

However - still not sure I am a fan of this WiFi Experience Metric thats been introduced in the latest Controller version.

A couple of my devices (both Amazon Echo's) intermittently report 0% due to:

High TCP Latency
Recommendation: Please ensure that you are using a router that has traffic shaping enabled, such as Smart Queues on a UniFi Security Gateway (USG)

Every other device is 94-100%.

Any one know what Unifi class as High Latency? Pings are <10msec fwiw.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 6

Only my Wemo switches show 0% WiFi experience.  So, maybe vendor specific.

Hi Guys!

Since the last update, I'm having the issues listed here, but also I'm having duplicated IPs

I have a fortigate managing the DHCP, I before the update everything worked like a charm, now I'm having situations like this below. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

1.PNG