Re: Unifi Controller - All devices Disconnected/Adopting

This thread should be marked as NOT solved

Kudos: 2

I am also having this problem but ONLY with NEW devices.  The existing sites on the controller are working fine but I am trying to provision a new site and all goes well until I adopt all the devices.  Then they may or may not fully provision an always end up disconnecting.  I have reset and tried several times and get the same results.

Controller 5.9.29
Using FQDN as inform path

Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

[ Edited ]

Hello @esuarkjoe @mark-avery,

What is the output of the INFO command when this happens?

info

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

After Spending 6 HOURS! trying to get six devices adopted via L3 I came up with a method that WORKED FOR ME.

The set inform URL from the web interface for the USG did not work... So I did that with SSH, adopted it and then set it again and adopted it again and it all worked fine.  At that point, all my devices came up as pending adoption and I was happy!  But that was short lived. As soon as I adopted them they all disconnected again!  (no errors just did not have the inform URL set so they were lost).  SSHing and setting the inform URL  got them to show back up and be adoptable again but the cycle would endlessly continue! 

Finally, I got pissed and started setting the inform URL angrily via SSH just AFTER I told it to adopt on the controller and it went directly to provisioning!    --- IF YOU WAIT AND LET IT TRY TO LONG IT WILL NOT WORK!  ---

Used this for all the remaining devices and it was super easy. Hurray

PS - Use SSH, had limited success with all other methods to set the inform URL.  

Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @mark-avery,

You might want to turn on controller hostname/IP override.

Settings > Controller

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

It is...