Unifi Controller Radius - show users

Hello everyone,

I am just deploying a new network and want to cut out the radius server as an extra device as unifi controller offers an internal radius server. I played with it a bit and it seems like there is no logging or any other way to see which device is connected with which credentials. Is there any way to show that in controller or at least some logs one can use?

Whats the point of individual accounts if you cannot see how the accounts are used?

Your help here is really appreciated. Thanks!

Kudos: 3032
Solutions: 814

Re: Unifi Controller Radius - show users

Hello @coemuc,

I believe @slooffmaster  API Browser can do such thing.

He most likely will give you some information about this.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1313
Solutions: 229

Re: Unifi Controller Radius - show users

Thanks @AmazedMender16 

@coemuc if you have somewhere you can install a PHP package which has connectivity to the controller, I suggest you install my API Browser tool to see whether this information is either available in the clients/users collection or in the events collection. I haven't done much with the built-in Radius server so can't tell you where to look exactly...

You will there's often much more information available through the API than what is displayed in the UI. See my signature for links.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.