Kudos: 83
Solutions: 8

Re: Unifi EDU as a VOIP SIP Extension

@cwesterfield wrote:
I've got one setup as an extension in Freepbx, but I'm not sure how to be bale to dial more than one at a time.

How are you addressing all 13 at the same time?

I'm sorry. I just saw this question. I address all the EDUs at once by using a page group in FreePBX. I also have a SNOM PA1 paging module hooked to an outdoor horn as part of this page group. Everything fires off together when you call the page group.

Awesome, we are planning an install with these so I'll be trying that.
Kudos: 19

A client of mine as an Allworx thats being replaced by Spectrum hosted voice in the nexr few months.  Am I reading this right that these can be setup as generic SIP clients and used  in a paging group?

Kudos: 83
Solutions: 8

@joerockshard wrote:

A client of mine as an Allworx thats being replaced by Spectrum hosted voice in the nexr few months.  Am I reading this right that these can be setup as generic SIP clients and used  in a paging group?

Yes, they are simply SIP clients. Their capabilites are dependent on the features of your SIP PBX/hosted provider.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

@joerockshard I have a brand new Allworx connect 530 that I am trying to add my Edu to so that it can be used in a page group. I have been able to add it as a generic sip extension and it works if I dail it directly, but I can not seem to add it to a page group. Have you been able to page to these edu aps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Has anyone been able to get SIP to work from a Grandstream UMC 6204 ??

Kudos: 8

I am using it on a 6104 with no issues. I would expect it to work fine on the 6204 as well. You will configure the sip settings in the unifi controller. 

Are you able to post what setting you have setup in the controller and the setting for the sip account in the grandstream ucm

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 4.25.29 PM.png

What are using under the configuration part for connection the the grandstream.  Ip or fqdn?  And are you putting the port in too? 

I just used the ip address. Did not include the port. 

Hey cblove91, did you have to change any settings on your ucm compared to your normal sip extensions to get the ap-ac-edu to register with the ucm? I have tried and all I get is an unavailable message.

I just used the extension as the username in the AP and the preset password to authenticate. I didn't change anything in the ucm. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 9.37.29 AM.png