Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Unifi Guest Portal does not open when connecting to guest network

Hi Guys,

First time asking a question, but we are having troubles with our Unifi Guest Authentication portal. It is enabled on the guest SSID but it just does not pop up (redirect) after connecting

It used to work fine about 3 weeks ago and have had a chat with unifi support with no luck. I have also tried most of the suggestions on unifi community and articles. 

We setup is a unifi cloud key Gen 1 running on the latest version of the software along with unifi 5.10.24 with the AP on version 4.0.42.10433 . There are no Access Control subnets being blocked. I have allowed the unifi controller in post access.

No password and https redirection is disabled. Any ideas what could be wrong. Works fine with the guest portal authentication disabled. 

I have tried the following solutions. 

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012848693-UniFi-Troubleshooting-Guest-Portal-Redirection

Reset the ap but i have the same trouble with all my sites. Did a tcp dump when connecting to guest but no packets captured.

Any help is appericiated Man Happy

network.PNG
tcp dump.PNG
2 guest.PNG
1 guest.PNG
Kudos: 4870
Solutions: 1288

Re: Unifi Guest Portal does not open when connecting to guest network

Hello @CompanyIT,

Try giving the UAPs a static IP or try to downgrade to 4.0.21

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Sorry mate this does not seem to work either. I have changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the guest portal opens now, but after you click connect , the portal will not close or authenticate. 

Some times after 2-3 minutes later it will start working again

Kudos: 4870
Solutions: 1288

Hello @CompanyIT,

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK