Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Unifi Hotspot Facebook checkin or like

Good day all, have a request from a client to have all uses access the hotspot to like or check in on the company's Facebook page After following the instructing from the article (https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000871247-UniFi-Social-Media-Guest-Authentication ) the user is prompted only to login in to Facebook! They are not asked to checking or like the page before they get internet it just fives them access once they click on the Facebook button.

Am I missing something, i cant see that this was the intention of this service.... whats the point just having the user login to Facebook only???

Highlighted
Kudos: 813
Solutions: 144

Re: Unifi Hotspot Facebook checkin or like

comutech wrote:

Good day all, have a request from a client to have all uses access the hotspot to like or check in on the company's Facebook page After following the instructing from the article (https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000871247-UniFi-Social-Media-Guest-Authentication ) the user is prompted only to login in to Facebook! They are not asked to checking or like the page before they get internet it just fives them access once they click on the Facebook button.

Am I missing something, i cant see that this was the intention of this service.... whats the point just having the user login to Facebook only???

@comutech Welcome to these forums!

Forced likes are not allowed according to Facebook policies, OTOH, check-in is allowed. For that you can best use the new Facebook WiFi feature which is available in the latest 5.6.x releases.

Art of WiFi logo
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. A standalone version of the PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.