Unifi IP address conflict: Mac Address doesn't actually exist

Trying to connect a device to a network, however the IP address it's trying to use is already in use by another machine on the network. the Mac Address the device has isn't showing up on the network, and doing a factory reset doesn't seem to fix it. I can't actually adopt the device because of the IP conflict and I need to know how to change the IP address so the device will actually adopt. Thank you!
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 19

Re: Unifi IP address conflict: Mac Address doesn't actually exist

@PunjabKitchen

First of all, unplug your UAP and leave it there.

Check your DHCP server (router, firewall, etc.). If there is any fixed lease to that IP, remove it if not necessary.

If there is any dynamic lease to that IP, try to release it or just restart your DHCP (turn it off, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on).

Plug your UAP back online. If necessary, reset it again.

Check if there is any IP conflict again. If not, try to adopt.

If yes (and is related with the UAP), fix a IP address to the UAP mac address and restart your UAP.

Try to adopt again.

Best regards.

If I helped you, please accept my solution.
Don't forget to leave Kudos if you liked my post.

Re: Unifi IP address conflict: Mac Address doesn't actually exist

Unfortunately this solution just isn't practical given the IP Conflict is being caused by an Employee Clocking system, and restarting the server will cause potential outages for the business. It's probably going to be easier to just purchase a single new device given that the issue is only occurring with one device out of the 7 we own.