Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

Unifi | Mesh Connectivity | UAP-AC-M is able to connect with UAP-AC-M-PRO in Repeater mode

Dear UBNT Members & Seniors,

Hope all is well.

I want to establish WiFi mesh connectivity in one of my customer area. Initially I'm thinking to make centralized location and installing UAP-AC-M-PRO at POP end & UAP-AC-M at client end. Is that possible to both devices connect over wireless like in Repeater mode and further provide WiFi services to end user.

If this thinking is wrong then you please share WiFi solution over these devices or proposed any other way to implement my requested solution.

Your suggestion is awaited.

BR,

Kashif Khan.

Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Re: Unifi | Mesh Connectivity | UAP-AC-M is able to connect with UAP-AC-M-PRO in Repeater mode

Hello @KashifKhan,

What exactly are you planning to do?

You can wireless uplink UAPs but they have to be in eachothers 5GHz range.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

Re: Unifi | Mesh Connectivity | UAP-AC-M is able to connect with UAP-AC-M-PRO in Repeater mode

Hi Amazed,

Thanks for your response.

Please see my below points to more clarify deployment scenario. May be my thinking or scenario is wrong but you will give better idea and guide me accordingly.

1- One UAP-AC-M-PRO installing on centralized location.

2- Four UAP-AC-M installing on subscriber home end.

3- UAP-AC-M-PRO only establish connectivity with UAP-AC-M in Repeater mode and provide WiFi connectivity to home based end users.

Kindly confirm is this possible if I'm deploying in this scenario.

BR,

Kashif Khan.

Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @KashifKhan,

Sounds like you want to bring internet to homes?

This is more a job for AirMAX, then in the homes user a UAP.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Established Member
Kudos: 305
Solutions: 80

Can you make a basic drawing of what you are trying to do, including the distance(s) between the sites where you plan to use wireless connectivity?