Emerging Member
Kudos: 13

Re: Unifi UAP-Pro dropping connections - now unusable with 4.8.15

@redtech116 wrote:

Yes I would be willing to try some Experimental FW..

Ditto.

Kudos: 4

Hi,

I am running UAP-AC-PROs (v. 3.4.17.3440) and a Cloud Key Controller (v. 4.8.15)

The customer complains alot about poor wireless connection. (the wired connections to UBNT SW 48 has no problems)

Could this be someting alike? (we replaced an old Zyxel installation with UBNT - same channels and same signal strength - before with Zyxel the customer never had problems - now they are willing to kill me for destroying thier wireless)

Kudos: 176
Solutions: 9

[ Edited ]

@henrik_meyer I'm in the same boat (read the second page) - but not all clients have the problem (it seems to be primarily Apple devices, but a few Samsung have reported it - but none have given me enough detail to reproduce the issue, or have come by the helpdesk to demonstrate it as requested). This thread is about UAP-PRO - there is another UAP-AC-PRO thread (I've been reading these forums a lot lately, there are probably several) which might be more interesting to you. Not the exact firmware your're on, but have a look at: 

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/4-8-14-UAP-AC-PRO-not-responsive-on-5-GHz-after-some-hou...

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Intermittent-connectivity-loss-with-UAP-AC-PRO/td-p/1431...

for example. 

Emerging Member

What wireless adaptor cards do the MAC's use?

The clients reporting the problems here are Windows users, Dell Latitude machines all using various version of Intel wireless cards.

@robfuller wrote:

What wireless adaptor cards do the MAC's use?

The clients reporting the problems here are Windows users, Dell Latitude machines all using various version of Intel wireless cards.

IIRC, certain Dells share chipsets with certain Macs - both seem affected, pending either a fix on the UBNT side, or on the driver running the NIC. 

Emerging Member

Here are most of the wireless cards in use, all currently running Windows 7 x64, moving over to Win10 now. 

• Intel Dual Band Wireless 8260 (802.11ac)
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2x2d
  • Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (802.11 a/b/g/n)

Interesting to compare with other people if you have similar cards?

Kudos: 1

@robfuller wrote:

Here are most of the wireless cards in use, all currently running Windows 7 x64, moving over to Win10 now. 

• Intel Dual Band Wireless 8260 (802.11ac)
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2x2d
  • Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (802.11 a/b/g/n)

Interesting to compare with other people if you have similar cards?

@robfuller We definitely have the same problem.  I don't know that I can pinpoint it down to a particular NIC card, but I know for sure that nearly all of our newer Intel cards experience the problem.  That being said, when I have limited connectivity on my Intel Wireless-AC 7265, my iPhone 6 can also not ping any network devices or an address on the web.  Net Analyzer is a great tool to ping from iOS devices.

As a side note, I also monitor through INSSIDER and I can see the failng access point drop it's signal by 20 dBm when the problem occurs.  Even clients 10 feet away lose their connection, but the drop in signal strength certainly does seem to coincide with the timing.

I'll keep you guys updated when I settle on a good firmware.  

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 4836
Solutions: 197

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble here and thanks for information on the specific cards you have.  We're working to get these issues resolved ASAP.

BR,

Brandon

Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access

@robfuller wrote:

I take it you've elimintated UAPSD as a source of problems? I seem to recall it wreaks merry hell with some clients, and works fine with others. You can ensure it's turned off on the APs (it is by default in recent firmware, AFAIK) by SSHing in and checking /tmp/system.cfg for uapsd lines (cat /tmp/system.cfg | grep uapsd ).

You may also find an option in the NIC driver on the affected devices. 

We are with the same issues.

we have an cloud server (now with 4.9.4 beta version)

We have 50+sites

Some with the issues, some without.

We tested 3.5.1 and 3.7.1 beta firmwares with the same issues.?

Can anyone confirm any version without this issue after the 2.4.6?

This situation is impossible to continue (we are with hundreds of unhappy users around the country).

Best Regards,

Kudos: 171

Same call came in for me to I restart routers they didnt complain again after the upgrade i give it one more restart but not sure if still continues. 

Kudos: 90

@Quincozes did you try to run 3.2.10?. This firmware goes back all the way to February 2015. 

Hello,

Ye @gmartine we are trying 3.2.10 right now on all sites.

on first impressions, the issue stay but with less occurrences, but we are testing yet

Best Regards,

Emerging Member

@Discusfish wrote:

@robfuller wrote:

I take it you've elimintated UAPSD as a source of problems? I seem to recall it wreaks merry hell with some clients, and works fine with others. You can ensure it's turned off on the APs (it is by default in recent firmware, AFAIK) by SSHing in and checking /tmp/system.cfg for uapsd lines (cat /tmp/system.cfg | grep uapsd ).

You may also find an option in the NIC driver on the affected devices. 

Oh yes power save is all turned off!

Ubiquiti Employee

@Magic_Ex and others interested.  We will post an experimental FW here in case you are interested in using it.  

Note that this is pretty early-on, so be cautious in using this FW.

Thanks,

Brandon

Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 5

I'm very interested. I have 3-4 wireless clients that have this issue every 1-2 days. Reboot the AP is the only way to bring them back.

Just sorry for my english >.<
Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks.  We are reviewing the stability of our newest fixes, and if all is okay - we will post here.  Warning - we made some pretty big changes to try to solve this - so bear with us on these versions.

Thanks,

Brandon

Just to let you guys know, this solution worked for me.

After the console update to 4.8.18 (installed on a Ubuntu 14.04) and the device firmware to 3.3.20.4019, only one of my four standard UAP (no 5GHz, no AC, not LR) started to show disconnect issues.

This is the oldest one on my topology, the first one we bought and the one who obviously have the higher usage time.

The only difference is that I decided to download the firmware directly from dl.ubnt.com instead of getting it from my console to avoid any issues on the firmware provided from my server.

After lots of rebooting, voilá! It worked like a charm.

I do understand that's a lot of people still getting in trouble with this. I just want to testify this solution in order to help someone at Ubiquiti who may be following this thread to find a pattern around this issue.

Thanks @MarcR for this tip, if I can find anything else helpful about this issue I'll let you guys know.

@MarcR wrote:

@UBNT-Brandon  I THINK I found a solution. I’ve only tested this for less than 18 hours.  Please give me 24-48 for further testing and verification, but it looks good so far.

If your controller is version 4.8.15 and your APs are the latest firmware 3.3.20.4019 and you are having disconnect issues, do the following.

1. Log into your controller and “Forget” the AP having the problem.  (Make sure to note the IP address of the AP before forgetting it)  Wait a minute or two for your AP to reset and reboot.
2. SSH into your AP via ubnt/ubnt
3. Run command “syswrapper.sh restore-default” to factory default it again.  (Not sure if this step is needed, but I did it to be safe)  Wait a minute for it to reset and reboot.
4. SSH into your AP again via ubnt/ubnt
5. Run command “upgrade http://x.x.x.x:8080/dl/firmware/yyy/3.3.20.4019/firmware.bin” (where x.x.x.x is your controller IP address and yyy is BZ2 for UAP/UAP-LR, or U7P for UAP-Pro)  Wait a minute for it to upgrade and reboot.
6. Re-adopt AP into your controller.
7. Repeat for all APs.

If your controller is version 4.8.15 and your APs are on the older stable 3.2.10.2886 and you want to upgrade to the latest firmware, do the following.

1. Log into your controller and “Forget” the AP.  (Make sure to note the IP address of the AP before forgetting it)  Wait a minute for your AP to reset and reboot.
2. SSH into your AP via ubnt/ubnt
3. Run command “upgrade http://x.x.x.x:8080/dl/firmware/yyy/3.3.20.4019/firmware.bin” (where x.x.x.x is your controller IP address and yyy is BZ2 for UAP/UAP-LR, or U7P for UAP-Pro)  Wait a minute for it to upgrade and reboot.
4. SSH into your AP via ubnt/ubnt
5. Run command “syswrapper.sh restore-default” to factory default it again.  (It needs to go through the factory default process while on the latest firmware.  )Wait a minute for it to reset and reboot.
6. SSH into your AP again via ubnt/ubnt
7. Run command “upgrade http://x.x.x.x:8080/dl/firmware/yyy/3.3.20.4019/firmware.bin” (where x.x.x.x is your controller IP address and yyy is BZ2 for UAP/UAP-LR, or U7P for UAP-Pro)  Wait a minute for it to upgrade and reboot.
8. Re-adopt AP into your controller.
9. Repeat for all APs.

Essentially there seems to be a bug when upgrading from 3.2.10 (or maybe 3.2.x not sure)  to 3.3.20 (or maybe 3.3.x not sure)  By factory defaulting it while on the latest 3.3.20 firmware, then re-applying the latest firmware on top of its self, seems to fix the problem.  Have no clue why, but, testing looks good so far to fixing it.

So I think for future people that are still on 3.2.10 controller, and they want to upgrade to 4.8.15, unless ubnt comes out with a hotfix firmware, I think they need to upgrade the controller and the APs.  Then “forget” all their APs, then factory default, then manually re-apply the firmware, then re-adopt, to have a stable environment.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 300
Solutions: 10

For users that are experiencing the the symptom(s) stated below, on the hardware that is stated below, we have an experimental firmware that has shown positive results for helping with this bug.  A new thread has been started in order to consolidate and focus the discussion.

Symptoms:

Clients will stay connected to WiFi, but cannot access both the LAN or the WAN (internet).`

We've been able to observe these problems now on a handful of customer sites, and have some experimental hotfixes we may be able to release soon.

Models:

• UAP
  • UAP-LR
  • UAP-Pro
  • UAP-Outdoor5
  • UAP-Outdoor
  • UAP-Outdoor+

New Thread:

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Connectivity-Problems-UAP-UAP-LR-UAP-Pro-UAP-Outdoor5-UA...

If you'd like to try our latest features, consider signing up for beta: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Beta-Access

If you're trying to debug a network issue, take a look at this help article: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Emerging Member
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

Hi,

it seems MarcR' suggestions work for me. No complains since I pushed again the last firmware (3.3.20.4019).

I'll check all this week to be sure.