Unifi access point completely turn off a radio

I have a unifi security gateway 3 port hooked into an airmax antenna which connects me to a wireless isp that runs on the 5 ghz spectrum, I also have a long range ap hooked into the security gateway for wifi but every day or so the connection seems to stop working until I restart all the equipment, I used to be able to turn off the 5 ghz radio on my access point but nowadays turning off the 5 ghz radio from the controller doesn't work anymore and that likely causes interference with the airmax device. I am able to ssh to the access point and run ifconfig wifi1 down and that turns off the radio completely but it comes back up a few minutes later and I have not had to use the command line to manage these devices before so I am not sure how to turn off the radio and make it stay off, if you need any screenshots for illustration let me know and I will upload them

Kudos: 48
Solutions: 19

Re: Unifi access point completely turn off a radio

Go to that ap that needs radios off in configuration somehwere is a disable button click that and accept the message and its offline Man Happy

Regards,
Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam

I don't want to completely disable the whole access point though, all I am trying to do is turn off 1 of the 2 radios. I have figured out how to do it but I am not sure how to make sure it stays off

Kudos: 48
Solutions: 19

you need to make changes in the controller all changes you made on the AP itself like SSH are just temp and will be ignored when its asking to its config
Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam

yes, ssh changes are temporary until the controller is contacted so unless you physically edit the configuration files then your not going to get anywhere with just that. even though I am running the controller on a windows desktop the configuration files should still be editable so I will take a look it it on the controller itself

Look at this answer: Disable access point