Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

Unifi firmware upgrades failing after 5.6.29 update

Just recently installed 5.6.29 controller in my AWS server.

seem to be having occasionaly trouble with the firmware updates failing for my APs (mostly Unifi AP-AC-LR running 3.8.6.6650)

these are sitting behind a Mikrotik Walled garden but the walled garden has dl.ubnt.com and the controller address allowed through on ports 3478, 80, and 443 udp and tcp

At first all firmware updates failed and then I turned off hotspot on the tik and they worked and again they worked for most after turning the hotspot back on but now some of them are still failing.

This might be a Mikrotik walled garden issue but I just wanted to check if there were any recent changes to the way the firmwares are downloaded? I have tried tracking the connections when performing an update and I can't see anything coming from dl.ubnt.com , all traffic seems to be too and from my controller.

Highlighted
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

Re: Unifi firmware upgrades failing after 5.6.29 update

OK so I am thinking this might be related to STUN Issue :

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/STUN-Communication-Failed/td-p/1983520

Even with hotspot off I am seeing multiple firmware upgrade issues at this site.

I have had 2 APs disconnecting and reconnecting with STUN fail all night for 24 hours now.

Others upgraded to 3.9.19.8123 fine

others consistently fail to upgrade wit the Hotspot on the tik enabled

I am thinking this is something to do with the STUN port thing getting through the hotspot firewall maybe?