Accepted Solution

Unify AP AC LR questions

Hi im new to this forum. I create this post to ask few questions about the Unify AP AC LR product.
Im planning to purchase 3 of these products and bring it over to Vietnam and install it in my house, my uncle house and my grandma house.
I was wondering if there is any factor that i need to take into consideration (e.g. compatibility, bandwidth support etc.)
And the router im connecting the unify to is Dasan H640DW

Accepted Solutions
Established Member
Kudos: 327
Solutions: 103

Re: Unify AP AC LR questions

[ Edited ]

Unifi AP l believe a wifi certified so will work all over the World. In Ukraine we cannot use any wifi device with more than 20 dBm output power. So check your local regulation. But inside the house, you should be fine, really no restriction. As long as your gateway got RJ45 port (again it is a world standard) you can uplink your AP.

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

[ Edited ]

Unifi AP l believe a wifi certified so will work all over the World. In Ukraine we cannot use any wifi device with more than 20 dBm output power. So check your local regulation. But inside the house, you should be fine, really no restriction. As long as your gateway got RJ45 port (again it is a world standard) you can uplink your AP.

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

Thanks for your reply! It helps me a lot to make my decisions
I have one more question
What is the coverage range of the AP LR?
And if my house has 3 floors (concrete house) should i just place the unify on the second floor?
Established Member

[ Edited ]

This is something that hard to say without actually see the house but l would place one on the 1st floor on the ceiling and the other one on the 3rd flood. Ideal scenario one AP per floor but AP-AC-LITE

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA

1 unify for each household
I need to install for 3 houses so each house only get to have 1 unify
They all have almost the same design concept
3 floors about 108square meter (1100sqft?) Each house