Highlighted
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 3
Accepted Solution

Update All Devices

This is probably old news but, can all devices be updated at once or must I update all devices one by one? It's a PITA having to sit and click "Update" on each and every device and wait and wait and wait...

Inquiring minds want to know...

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 48
Solutions: 18

Re: Update All Devices

[ Edited ]

you can also set this up in the late night hours

Yes i did 3 of them bc is the gateway is down it will stop the download for devices behind it and that 1 hour is good for the devices comming up and starting the next upgrade cycle

I even could make it like i can have always wifi by planning 1 accespoint seperate

Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam

View solution in original post

Knipselgg.PNG

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 6

[ Edited ]

Hello @plongson. You can perform a rolling upgrade for your APs, but to my understanding, there currently is not a way to perform mass upgrades to other devices from the Controller.

There is a feature request labeled "Upgrade all from Cloud Portal" if you'd like to read through that and upvote if you agree with the request.

EDIT: Apologies, it didn't dawn on me that this pertains to the Cloud Portal and upgrading multiple CK's and their respective devices at the same time, not just one Controller and the devices connected to it. For clarity's sake, it may be worth submitting a new feature request for mass upgrades from a single Controller (if that is what you'd like to accomplish). 

Jonathan See | UniFi Support Team

[ Edited ]

you can also set this up in the late night hours

Yes i did 3 of them bc is the gateway is down it will stop the download for devices behind it and that 1 hour is good for the devices comming up and starting the next upgrade cycle

I even could make it like i can have always wifi by planning 1 accespoint seperate

Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam
Knipselgg.PNG
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 6

And as @PsychoticNL mentioned, you can also set up scheduled upgrades.

Jonathan See | UniFi Support Team
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 3

THANKS everybody! Accepted as solution...

@UBNT-JSee Well this is just a handoff option Man Happy

@plongson wrote:

THANKS everybody! Accepted as solution...

No problem Man Happy

I am already working with this for a while   i must say it works good    this night i gonna see if it upgrades my devices how i have planned it

Kudos: 2211
Solutions: 640

[ Edited ]

Hello @plongson,

You can use the rolling update, scheduled updates or group configuration to update your devices.

Devices

Settings > Services > Scheduled Upgrade

Devices > APS/USW/USG ( top left ) > Gears ( top right ) > Enable Group Config

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK