Ancient Member
Kudos: 10332
Solutions: 1587

Re: Update on 24V Passive PoE Support on UniFi Switch Product Line (8/25/17)

SKU is UVC-G3-AF

My Topics
Top Solution Authors Leaderboard
"The firings will continue until morale improves." Donald Trump (unconfirmed) 2017.
Established Member
Kudos: 428
Solutions: 86

[ Edited ]

Am I missing something? The store shows th efollowing for the UVC-G3-AF:

Power Method 24V Passive PoE
Power Supply 24V, 0.5A PoE Adapter (Included with Single-Pack)

It says it "Supports 802.3af with included inline adapter." That is not the same as 802.3af compatible.

Gregg

Ancient Member

wrote:

It says it "Supports 802.3af with included inline adapter." That is not the same as 802.3af compatible.

Gregg

The two contradicting statements are in different sections of the page.

The interim G3-AF did not shop with a PoE brick but rather shipped with the INstant AF converter.

The final G3-AF ships with a PoE brick and supports AF natively.

The unfortunate part is they both use the same SKU so unless the seller confirms which product they have, you will only know after taking receipt of the product.

My Topics
"The firings will continue until morale improves." Donald Trump (unconfirmed) 2017.
Established Member

wrote:

wrote:

Gregg

The interim G3-AF did not shop with a PoE brick but rather shipped with the INstant AF converter.

The unfortunate part is they both use the same SKU so unless the seller confirms which product they have, you will only know after taking receipt of the product.

The wording for the current one on the store is "24V, 0.5A PoE Adapter (Included with Single-Pack)." That sounded just like the PoE injector for the older UAP-AC-LITE/LR lineup.

I was just curious.

Gregg

Kudos: 186
Solutions: 66

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Gregg

The wording for the current one on the store is "24V, 0.5A PoE Adapter (Included with Single-Pack)." That sounded just like the PoE injector for the older UAP-AC-LITE/LR lineup.

I was just curious.

Gregg

The UAP-ac-m still ship with 24v 0.5A injectors, however they do accept 802.3af also. The cameras may be the same way.

Established Member

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Gregg

I was just curious.

Gregg

The UAP-ac-m still ship with 24v 0.5A injectors, however they do accept 802.3af also. The cameras may be the same way.

The UAP-AC-M specifically mentions "24V Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return);802.3af Alternative A (Pairs 1, 2+; 3, 6 Return)(Supported Voltage Range: 44 to 57VDC)"

The camera being discussed only mentions "24V Passive PoE" as Power Method. So, one can use an 802.3af source, but it must be run through an adapter to drop it to 24V passive, so it's NOT an 802.3af compatible camera...yet.

Gregg

Ancient Member

wrote:

The UAP-AC-M specifically mentions "24V Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return);802.3af Alternative A (Pairs 1, 2+; 3, 6 Return)(Supported Voltage Range: 44 to 57VDC)"

The camera being discussed only mentions "24V Passive PoE" as Power Method. So, one can use an 802.3af source, but it must be run through an adapter to drop it to 24V passive, so it's NOT an 802.3af compatible camera...yet.

@greggmh123, That is only true for the interim model.  There is now a true native AF on-board supported model that does not need the Instant AF converter. 

My Topics
Highlighted
Established Member

wrote:

wrote:

@greggmh123, That is only true for the interim model.  There is now a true native AF on-board supported model that does not need the Instant AF converter. 

Cool. Apparently, it is not in the store yet, or they haven't updated the page.

Gregg