Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Warranty claim on 1 DOA in a 5 pack = send back all 5 items?

[ Edited ]

I have purchased 4 x 5-packs of the AP-AC-LITE and out of 20 new devices, I have a single device that was DOA.

I sent the faulty item back to the distributor and they have told me that I now need to find the 4 other access points with the correct serial numbers that came from that same 5 pack, and send all of them back as well.

So it seems that as a penalty for purchasing a 5-pack of these devices, if I have a single faulty device, then I have to search through all devices on the network to find where the 4 other devices from the same box as the faulty one are physically installed, disconnect them and send them off to the distributor for them to replace all 5 with another 5 pack. This means that for the X weeks it takes to do a warranty replacement, I will now lose 5 devices instead of 1. 

Is this normal and what I should expect, or is it an idiosyncracy of the reseller that I purchased them from? It is pretty inconvenient. Does anyone else have experience with this situation?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Warranty claim on 1 DOA in a 5 pack = send back all 5 items?

After some discussion with the reseller, it appears that the customer service agent I was talking with was new. Other members of the department have re-educated my CSA that for a repair/replace they can do it for the single item.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 423
Solutions: 79

That isn't normal (in the EU anyway). Nor is it legal (in the EU) if you are a consumer. It'd be VERY unusual for a B2B transaction either.

Sounds like a really awful reseller who doesn't carry enough stock to me.

Kudos: 2155
Solutions: 625

Hello @brofield,

I believe you only need to sent back the faulty unit, if you buy straight from UBNT.

Seems like your distributor is being hard on you.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 1067
Solutions: 291

I would RMA it with UBNT directly. Probably much faster too.

After some discussion with the reseller, it appears that the customer service agent I was talking with was new. Other members of the department have re-educated my CSA that for a repair/replace they can do it for the single item.

Kudos: 2155
Solutions: 625

Hello @brofield,

Haha can't blame the new guys.

Glad you worked it out!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK