Highlighted
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Warranty claim on 1 DOA in a 5 pack = send back all 5 items?

[ Edited ]

I have purchased 4 x 5-packs of the AP-AC-LITE and out of 20 new devices, I have a single device that was DOA.

I sent the faulty item back to the distributor and they have told me that I now need to find the 4 other access points with the correct serial numbers that came from that same 5 pack, and send all of them back as well.

So it seems that as a penalty for purchasing a 5-pack of these devices, if I have a single faulty device, then I have to search through all devices on the network to find where the 4 other devices from the same box as the faulty one are physically installed, disconnect them and send them off to the distributor for them to replace all 5 with another 5 pack. This means that for the X weeks it takes to do a warranty replacement, I will now lose 5 devices instead of 1. 

Is this normal and what I should expect, or is it an idiosyncracy of the reseller that I purchased them from? It is pretty inconvenient. Does anyone else have experience with this situation?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Warranty claim on 1 DOA in a 5 pack = send back all 5 items?

After some discussion with the reseller, it appears that the customer service agent I was talking with was new. Other members of the department have re-educated my CSA that for a repair/replace they can do it for the single item.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 378
Solutions: 72

That isn't normal (in the EU anyway). Nor is it legal (in the EU) if you are a consumer. It'd be VERY unusual for a B2B transaction either.

Sounds like a really awful reseller who doesn't carry enough stock to me.

Kudos: 1408
Solutions: 424

Hello @brofield,

I believe you only need to sent back the faulty unit, if you buy straight from UBNT.

Seems like your distributor is being hard on you.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Professional Services | Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK
Established Member
Kudos: 990
Solutions: 273

I would RMA it with UBNT directly. Probably much faster too.

After some discussion with the reseller, it appears that the customer service agent I was talking with was new. Other members of the department have re-educated my CSA that for a repair/replace they can do it for the single item.

Kudos: 1408
Solutions: 424

Hello @brofield,

Haha can't blame the new guys.

Glad you worked it out!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Professional Services | Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK