Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Webpage unable to be displayed

Hey there, I'm a network newbie and I'm having trouble getting the controller webpage to load.

from running

ander@jakk-linux ~ $ sudo service unifi status
● unifi.service - unifi
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/unifi.service; enabled; vendor preset: en
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2017-11-14 12:03:48 MST; 41min ago
 Main PID: 19295 (jsvc)
   CGroup: /system.slice/unifi.service
           ├─19295 unifi -cwd /usr/lib/unifi -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-a
           ├─19296 unifi -cwd /usr/lib/unifi -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-a
           ├─19297 unifi -cwd /usr/lib/unifi -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-a
           ├─19314 /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java -Xms1024M -Xmx
           └─20177 bin/mongod --dbpath /usr/lib/unifi/data/db --port 27117 --uni

Nov 14 12:03:47 jakk-linux systemd[1]: Starting unifi...
Nov 14 12:03:47 jakk-linux unifi.init[19236]:  * Starting Ubiquiti UniFi Control
Nov 14 12:03:48 jakk-linux unifi.init[19236]:    ...done.
Nov 14 12:03:48 jakk-linux systemd[1]: Started unifi.
Nov 14 12:04:13 jakk-linux systemd[1]: Started unifi.

it appears that the service was installed and is running, but when I open up the IP  192.168.1.10:8443 I get the error

ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

I just want to load the software to be able to add my AP.  What other info do you need? from me to help out?

Accepted Solutions
Emerging Member
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 9

Re: Webpage unable to be displayed

Silly question, but you’re typing httpS://, correct?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Emerging Member

Silly question, but you’re typing httpS://, correct?

Hey, the page loaded, but it didn't find either the switch or AP lite.  What should I do next?

Emerging Member

I'll work through this.

I have to say, this have been the must frustrating experience with any setup I've had yet.
Emerging Member

Understood. This is enterprise kit. The expectation is generally that it’s actively managed. People making the switch from SOHO level kit tend to be taken aback by that at first. You’ll be glad you made the switch.

Once I figured out what I was doing wrong, it wasn't difficult to fix everything. I inadvertently created multiple networks and had the AP and switch on a different network than my controller, meaning it would never find the device. I'm glad I stuck with it and fixed it, everything is so feature rich!