Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 4
Accepted Solution

What is Hotspot 2.0

[ Edited ]

I'm using the Hotspot (1.0 I guess). Today I updated my controller to 5.3.8, and I noticed the option for Hotspot 2.0. What is the difference? I searched but couldn't find any description. As it is 'Beta' is it stable enough for commercial environment? And does it keep the current hotspot configurations?

Accepted Solutions
Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 1

Re: What is Hotspot 2.0

Hotspot 2.0 is a beta feature. the ubnt guy tell me that. features such as it allows roaming between different wireless networks with advanced authentication systems. It's main use is for mobile devices to roam and authenticate between different networks. An example, is if your mobile provider has a roaming agreement with a hotel chain, then when the phone is in range of the hotel's WiFi, it will automatically join that network without the user having to enter credentials or select the network.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 57

I would also like to know what this is.

As for commercial use its a beta so i wouldnt put in to a live enviroment unless for some testing.

Mat

Emerging Member

Hotspot 2.0 is a beta feature. the ubnt guy tell me that. features such as it allows roaming between different wireless networks with advanced authentication systems. It's main use is for mobile devices to roam and authenticate between different networks. An example, is if your mobile provider has a roaming agreement with a hotel chain, then when the phone is in range of the hotel's WiFi, it will automatically join that network without the user having to enter credentials or select the network.

Kudos: 4

Pandera, thanks for explanation, I guess it's not for me thenIcon Wink

Kudos: 9

Thanks for the information.
Emerging Member

Nice!

Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxockxBZsqw for more information.