Established Member
Kudos: 462
Solutions: 65

Re: Wired devices no longer showing network activity

They don't care. They will take the chance that people will leave and people will come back later or new members will show up. They aren't worried that some will leave because of what they are changing.
We could talk about this for ages. No reason to get into their problems they have. Man Happy
I'm just glad we were able to figure things out for others!

Hi all

Not sure if anyone has had any luck sorting this? But to add my 2 penny’s mine was working ok until I setup vlan’s??

Now anything in a vlan wired or WiFi doesn’t show any activity. But the clients that are still in the native lan show activity? I’m no networking wizard or in the profession so please excuse any terminology that might be wrong. 

Im still in the setup process but my system is a usg to 16 Poe 150w Switch from this 2 ac ap pro and two further 8 port switches one 150w all Poe and one 60w 4 Poe. A ac pro ap from the 150w and a gen 2 WiFi bridge to friends house across the road. (All unifi gear )

All was setup on native lan and working fine with activity! So after reading loads of post and YouTube vids (thanks willie Howe) I decided to vlan, friends house, iot, kids, cctv, finally got them all working and google home talking across! But the activity stopped working apart from on native lan and kids vlan?.

sorry for long post but wanted to give as much info as possible.

Thanks 

Mark

[ Edited ]

Thought this was interesting and of note to add.

- AP-AC-Pro as other have mentioned: shows activity for any device

- Non-Ubiquiti devices connected to 24 Port Ubiquiti Switch: does not show activity

- Ubiquiti wired cameras connected to 24 Port Ubiquiti Switch: DOES show activity

This is on v5.9.29 (Build: atag_5.9.29_11384)

activity1.PNG
Kudos: 1

I'm also using Ubiquiti cameras and have excactly the same behavior as danemery5!

I think it's pretty obvious that Ubiquiti disabled this functionality on purpose for all switches other than Unifi ones in order to have a further selling point for buying one of their switches. You still get deep packet inspection if you click into the client, you just lose the activity up/down on the dashboard. Please don't say this is because of dumb or off-brand switches not being compatible with the packet info, that has nothing to do with it, because it worked before this update. It's very obvious that Ubiquiti disabled this functionality on purpose.

My switch is a Ubiquiti switch.
Kudos: 3011
Solutions: 810

[ Edited ]

Hello @danemery5,

Are the clients even active?

What firmware versions are you on?

Have you tried to restart the switch and controller?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

I’ve got the same issue. Devices like an internet radio, connected via LAN, show no internet-traffic whatsoever. It all appears under „inter-network traffic“, but I can guarantee the devices access the internet...

The LAN connection is made through a Netgear switch though, but since individual devices’ inter-network traffic is recognised I don’t see why it couldn’t be done for internet traffic. Actually the inter-network traffic IS the internet traffic. The mentioned internet radio is self programmed and has no means to talk to other LAN devices. 

just to mention, I’m new to Unifi, have set up an USG and AC lite last week, all on latest soft- and firmware. 

I have the same problem and it still persists after upgrading to controller version 5.9.32.

Tested 2 different switches Linksys LGS308 and D-Link DGS-1100-18.

I have this problem for devices connected to the ports on my in-wall AC AP, which is in turn connected to my 16 port Unifi switch.

So, in my case, doesn't have to do with non Ubiquiti products. I'm on the latest controller 5.9.29 stable software.

And the inwall AP is on the latest 4.0.15.9872 firmware

New to UniFi, but liking it a lot so far. I came across this thread looking for LAN activity in the Client tab. I then noticed a config button on the right and tried out a few fields. Check out Inter Network Up and Down. Is this what folks are after?

Unfortunately not, as said before I can see the inter network traffic but it doesn’t show the real internet traffic from wired devices. why would wired internet traffic not show as internet traffic but inter network?

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-AdamD wrote:
Hey everyone, sorry for the short update but there hasn't been any progress on this issue yet. It's in the issue queue to be started for an upcoming release, of course, but I can't release a timeline on when it will actually come out.

I'm still subscribed to this thread and the internal bug ticket that I have on it. I will keep this updated as I see movement.

-Thank you

Hi Adam

Any update on when this might be fixed?

Cheers

Adrian

+1

I have the same issue as you all.

USG -> Dlink 48Port Managed Switch -> AP-HD

I used to get Internet activity on all devices, Wired and Wireless, on the network above.  After the update, only the Wireless Clients show Internet Activity.

I would love to see this data again, so I can marry it up against current Internet Usage/Capacity on the Dashboard.  i.e. - Internet Usage is 80% (160Mbps down) on the Dashboard, then we look at Clients and see if it's one device pulling it all, or multiple, etc...  You guys get the idea.

At least another user posted a Response from Ubiquity, so we know they've heard our cries.

Additional Info:  This is also happening at 7 sites with all UniFi products and CloudKeys, and one site with a Windows 7 running latest Controller Software and all UniFi products, and one additional site with CK but mix-n-match switches (the Dlink mentioned above).  We've been through the ringer trying to see if it was "brand related".  Thus far - just a software bug it seems.

This is the SINGLE reason I bought the USG.  I wanted reporting.  I called Ubiquiti and they confirmed it would work.  Yesterday, I bought a USG and Cloud Key, set it all up, migrated my network (took 4 hours to ronfigure all my rules and static IPs etc), and then no stats.  Totally ridiculous.  I'm not going to go back and reconfigure everything and I'm CERTAINLY not going to replace all my Cisco PoE switches with UniFi ones...that's cost me thousands of dollars...not happening.  UBIQUITI...FIX THIS ISSUE AND IN THE MEATIME, STOP TELLING PEOPLE IT WORKS WHEN THEY CALL ABOUT IT!  I was very clear that I planned to use my exisiting (non Ubiquiti switches and WiFi APs) gear on the call and was told the USG would show me this data, but, after reading through the 4 pages in this thread, it's clear you broke something in May/June of last year and need to figure it out.  Very frustrated and I wasted too much time last night for nothing.

Kudos: 2

Yeah, that's not good at all if they are telling people this works!  I was really hoping it would be fixed by now.  That being said, even with a full Meraki AP network the numbers seem totally broken to me (I have seen other threads saying that as well) -- so even if they fix this, I think the best we can hope for is that it "sort of works" but doesn't give "real numbers". :-(

I've been having this issue for a while now, still waiting a fix. Any updates?

Hi, I have the same problem with an EdgeSwitch 16 150W

Any updates from ubiquiti?

Same issue for me. Traffic Stats show wired clients, but still no live network activity via Client view

Just deployed a brand new Unifi system, same problem mentioned in this thread.  None of the LAN clients, which are connected to an unmanaged switch, are showing any activity on the Clients page.  All traffic is being recorded as LAN traffic as opposed to Activity.

I can get some additional information displayed by selecting the three dot menu, clicking customise columns and turning on LAN Traffic Up and LAN Traffic Down, but this doesn't provide the essential piece of information - how much Internet bandwidth is being used by the client right now.

It's a little confusing, as downloads to the client are called LAN Traffic Up in the Statistics and columns, however the same traffic is reported as Down under Deep Packet Inspection.

Seems like this issue has been open with Ubiquity for quite some time, it would be great to get an updated response.