Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Wireless/Wired Unifi Network Overall

Hello. I am in the process of a complete overhaul of a medium-sized commercial network overall to a top-bottom Unifi system.

i have done a ton of research, and though I have found Unifi solutions for almost the entire setup, I have not found a direct answer to one of my complications. 

Currently we have 18  AirPort Extreme routers (being decommissioned) that did a really nice job of creating a seamless mess network through-out the entire building (before mess was really a thing.) The other nice thing I really liked  about the  routers was with the addition of an AirPort Express, I could go wireless to wired for two computers used on an “island” inside a room with a concrete floor and no access to run dedicated Cat6. I also use this setup in a different section of the building for a large commercial printer that is 50+ feet from the nearest network jack. 

Like I said, I have seen some solutions but most either feel like horrendous overkill and very expensive for what it is, and others require moving out of the Unifi ecosystem to accomplish. I am sure there is an easy solution, I just haven’t found it yet. 

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Kudos: 4861
Solutions: 1284

Re: Wireless/Wired Unifi Network Overall

[ Edited ]

Hello @CAdidas333,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have any floorplans of the building?

So you're not able to hardwire all the UAPs but you can hardwire some UAPs?

How much bandwidth do you have available?

How many clients will connect to 1 UAP?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK