Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Would UAP-AC-PRO will be the right solution for me?

Hi every one, I´m new here and I would like tip from the pros here.

I´m looking to buy 2 UAP-AC-PRO with a Cloud Key to solve the lack of coverage problem that I have today with my WiFi solution, my questions are:

1) Could I setup the same SSID e Key for the booth to work as one AP, so that way I automatic change(roaming or zero handoof) without change the wifi network?

2)  Should I maintain my Asus RT-AC68U as DHCP Server or do I have other option?

3) The Guest network has the ability to prevent access to the internal network?

4) And last but not least my proposoed solution make sense? Should I need to consider other variable (same ssid ans key, guest network cant access devices from "normal" network, outher device as dhcp server).

Thanks and sorry if I made some mistake in English still learning.

At.

Walter

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 19

Re: Would UAP-AC-PRO will be the right solution for me?

@WalterDias

Hi, WalterDias.

The UAP-AC-Pro will help with coverage, but is designed to handle a greater volume of data and users.

If you don't have a lot of users or high traffic, you can use UAP-AC-LR or UAP-AC-Lite, depending of the required coverage.

Answering your questions:

1- The UniFi solution is a centraly managed WiFi network. So, you install the Cloud Key, set the controller as you wish and adopt the antennas (UAPs). Once adopted, you set your WiFi networks, security, Guest Control, etc, and it will provision it to all UAPs adopted on that site. Of course, you can select what SSIDs will be active per UAP, and change some settings also per UAP over the global settings (like VLAN, password, etc...).

2- You can maintain your DHCP server if you wish. Using any good DHCP server it will work fine. Also, you can buy a USG (UniFi Security Gateway), that works as an DHCP server, router and have another useful resources with UniFi Controller.

3- Yes! Setting the WiFi network as Guest, you can set what networks will be blocked or allowed to the guests, without need of VLANs, Firewalls, etc...

4- I think you're going to the right way. Just consider evaluating what UAP you really need based on traffic, # of users and coverage. Here is the link to the UAP's datasheet.

https://www.ubnt.com/downloads/datasheets/unifi/UniFi_AC_APs_DS.pdf

Best regards.

PS: Are you brazilian? If yes, I could help you through Skype.

If I helped you, please accept my solution.
Don't forget to leave Kudos if you liked my post.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 19

@WalterDias

Hi, WalterDias.

The UAP-AC-Pro will help with coverage, but is designed to handle a greater volume of data and users.

If you don't have a lot of users or high traffic, you can use UAP-AC-LR or UAP-AC-Lite, depending of the required coverage.

Answering your questions:

1- The UniFi solution is a centraly managed WiFi network. So, you install the Cloud Key, set the controller as you wish and adopt the antennas (UAPs). Once adopted, you set your WiFi networks, security, Guest Control, etc, and it will provision it to all UAPs adopted on that site. Of course, you can select what SSIDs will be active per UAP, and change some settings also per UAP over the global settings (like VLAN, password, etc...).

2- You can maintain your DHCP server if you wish. Using any good DHCP server it will work fine. Also, you can buy a USG (UniFi Security Gateway), that works as an DHCP server, router and have another useful resources with UniFi Controller.

3- Yes! Setting the WiFi network as Guest, you can set what networks will be blocked or allowed to the guests, without need of VLANs, Firewalls, etc...

4- I think you're going to the right way. Just consider evaluating what UAP you really need based on traffic, # of users and coverage. Here is the link to the UAP's datasheet.

https://www.ubnt.com/downloads/datasheets/unifi/UniFi_AC_APs_DS.pdf

Best regards.

PS: Are you brazilian? If yes, I could help you through Skype.

If I helped you, please accept my solution.
Don't forget to leave Kudos if you liked my post.
Highlighted
Kudos: 1

Thanks for the tips help me a lot.

BTW I sent you a private message.