Accepted Solution

how to manage several cloud keys in several locations with several accounts

Hello comunity

Since 3 years I heard about unifi and it looked great so I bought 6 antennas (non pro) and a Switch Zyxel to configure my fist copagny site with GUESTwifi comming after a DHCP modem from my internet provider.

The cloud key did not exist at that time so I did it with a computer and it workes in fact it worked so good that is is still in place still delivers wifi.

1 year later I have the same compagny that askes me for wifi Guest at a diferent location so I decide to do it again with unifi and at this time I buy and a Switch Zyxel 6 AP PRO I hook it up with a cloud key that was available on the market and it works stil now great. And as it workes so good in that second location with the cloud key and int si so pratical to look the status of the antennas on my mobile phone I decide to buy a second cloud key for the fiste location. I configure it and it now works too.

2 locations 2 cloud key eache managing 6 AP and 2 difernet users on the Unifi web site !! (this is important for what comes next)

Now I have a 3rd locations that I have to do the same. Each of these locations are separated from more than 200 Kil in the country and there for I buyed for this 3rd location abain 6 AP PRO and 1 Cloud Key and a Switch Zyxel

Here are my questions : 

- do I need 3 diferent acounts to have my 3 locations each one managed separated ?

- Is there a way to have 1 account that manages 3 cloud key ? 

- do I need a cloud key for each ot this locations ore one is enough (thes 3 guest wifi are just a free internet connection with a DHCP modem from local interent provider in every location no fiy IP adress in any location)

I am no expert of network but so far I manage to make it work but for this third locations I would like to go next level and make this more profesional. Have 1 acount and see all my acces points of all my 3 locations from not anywhere if it is from interaly of the compagny that is ok if I have to be hooked to this GUEST wifi as I am in my compagny every day. but so from location 1 I could see the antennas from locations 3 if they are in good shape and delivering internet.

Thanks for your help.

I am in switzerland if somebody is in my region and hase a phone maybe It can save us all a lot of typing :-) 

Merci and impatient to hear from someone

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 1742
Solutions: 527

Re: how to manage several cloud keys in several locations with several accounts

Hello @micatelLMS,

Login to the controller and setup cloud access on each controller with the same UBNT account credentials.

Settings > Cloud Access

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

Hello @micatelLMS,

After all the confusion everything is setup and running like you wanted it!

There were some issues with the UCK password, I also updated the UCKs to the latest firmware for you!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 1032
Solutions: 285

[ Edited ]

If you configure the CloudKeys with Cloud Access you can assign all 3 sites to your Ubiquiti account and access them from the Unifi Cloud portal at:

https://unifi.ubnt.com/

If you used different accounts for every site, you can still configure one account that has access to all sites. 

This setup requires a CloudKey on every site.

ok I do have 1 key in every location 

please some more precise steps woud be useful :-) 

Hello @micatelLMS,

Login to the controller and setup cloud access on each controller with the same UBNT account credentials.

Settings > Cloud Access

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

Hello Glen,

ok but I need to be in location 1 to hoop upt to first key and then in locations 2 to hook up to key number two do I understand you correct ?

1 cloud acces acount is ok I can understand that and it is logic.

and then what ? 

Hello @micatelLMS,

Right, you have to setup cloud access locally and than you can manage them via unifi.ubnt.com.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

ok So tomorow I go to location 1 in person
- log on to the Guest WiFi (unifi)
- log on to the cloud key (with account Number 1 for example)
- I enable on the key cloud access on this first cloud key creating a new cloud access account (account Number A)

then after tomoroy I move to location number 2
- log on to the Guest WiFi uf this second location (unifi)
- log on to the cloud key (with account Number 2 for example)
- I enable on the key cloud access on this second cloud key with account Number A

do I get it right ?

Hello @micatelLMS,

Right, just use the same cloud access account ( ubnt account ) on both UCKs.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

hello AmazedMender16,

ok that seams logic and possible as I travel to location 1 and 2 these 2 next days and the UCK of location 3 is also by me as I have not yet configured it.

to have this working I just need internet correct ? nothing more between each location with my UBNT account severa cloud keys will then be visible under my one and only UBNT account

Hello @micatelLMS,

The controller indeed has to have a way out to the internet in order for it to work.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

ok now how do I get rid of differents acounts that I have created to manage my AP and UCK in my previous testes ?

and alsow quick bonus question the reset swith on the key makes me create a new account or an existing one still works ?

Hello @micatelLMS,

I guess you're talking about local logins, those stay...

All you have to do is setup the cloud access...

Settings > Cloud Access

Regards,
Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

ok will try tomorrow thanks for your help !

Hello @micatelLMS,

You're welcome!

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

Hello back,

today in location 3 I hooked up the UCK and it stakes blinking white for more than one hour :-(

the Wifi AP that I got out of the box delivered GUEST wifi as in my other locations without having me doing anything

I updated the UCK of my locations 1 distantly from location 3

and cloud acces was already enabeled what to do next to have my third UCK key that becomes blue as it didi yesturday at home (same configuration as location 3 interent from provider with DHCP)

thanks !

Hello @micatelLMS,

Are you able to SSH into the UCK?

Do you have any backups?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

how do I see if the ssh is enabled and if yes then how do I acces it throw ssh ?

why backups of my key ? for witch one the one that workes and is now update or the one that did not becom blue today ?

Hello @micatelLMS,

The one that doesnt work... or is it a fresh install?

Follow this article on how to establish a SSH connection.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK

[ Edited ]

hello glenn

why ssh throw putty ? I have no ideeas whitch comand then to type can't I stay with the browser view ? at least it's more graphical

do you have a phone number were I can reach you ? --> nietom@bluemail.ch

merci :-)