Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 3

Re: multiple WLAN schedule

[ Edited ]

I too have been waiting for this since like 2015!

Is it ever going to be fixed??

Kudos: 1

A much needed feature indeed.  Been waiting patiently.....tick tock...

Kudos: 528
Solutions: 31

@hzmeister wrote:

Ain't nobody got time for that, the GUI painters are busy with brand new Teletubbies look, features need to wait.

@littlewolf wrote:

@hzmeister wrote:

Ain't nobody got time for that, the GUI painters are busy with brand new Teletubbies look, features need to wait.

Yes! We want it comfortable and we want it now! 

Thx!

Kudos: 24
Solutions: 2

Today someone asked me to implement a WLAN schedule, I sort of promised him that it would be no problem, and now I find this :-(

Is it ever going to be fixed?

It should not be too difficult to replace the nifty sliders with a matrix of boxes each representing a 15-minute interval where you can click one or more "areas" where you want the WLAN enabled?

Why does it require 2 years of waiting for that to be completed?

(especially when it already is so close)

Established Member
Kudos: 916
Solutions: 85
Contributions: 1

just to make everyone aware, this is from (beta) 5.11.29 release:

New Features:

• WLAN Scheduler Enhancements (New Settings).
    • The experience here is actually the opposite of the prior implementation (found in classic mode). You're actually scheduling the downtime for the SSID(s) instead of the uptime. You can also schedule multiple blocks per day.
Solutti Tecnologia Ltda - Goiânia/Goiás/Brazil
www.solutti.com.br / www.wifiquefunciona.com.br
Ubiquiti Enterprise Wireless Admin (UEWA) certified
did my answer helped you ? if yes, i would love your kudos on it Man Happy
Kudos: 1

Great. Typically, how long does a release stay in beta before releasing as a new update?
Established Member

[ Edited ]

@amirijaz wrote:
Great. Typically, how long does a release stay in beta before releasing as a new update?

Unfortunelly i'm not the right person to give you ETAs on that ...

Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

I've upgraded to the new Beta, but I can't seem to make it work...disappointing.  The interface hasn't changed and I do not see at all how to setup multiple on/off blocks.

2 x UAP-AC-Pro
2 USW-8-POE
1 USG-16-XG
1 USG-3G

@haplopeart wrote:

I've upgraded to the new Beta, but I can't seem to make it work...disappointing.  The interface hasn't changed and I do not see at all how to setup multiple on/off blocks.

As noted above - it's ONLY available in the teletubbies GUI (a.k.a. the "new settings" as it's called in preferences). Worse yet, noone apparently bothered to test it, at all, before releasing.

Let us reiterate that this is beta so its not a final release.

Report your findings so it can be adjusted before a release

@tempest wrote:

Let us reiterate that this is beta so its not a final release.

Report your findings so it can be adjusted before a release

It's completely non-functional, that's it. You still cannot set up more than one schedule per day. This doesn't need reporting, UBNT must be well aware unless they've completely stopped testing anything they add to the GUI. 

Established Member

@littlewolf wrote:

It's completely non-functional, that's it. You still cannot set up more than one schedule per day. This doesn't need reporting, UBNT must be well aware unless they've completely stopped testing anything they add to the GUI. 

You clearly miss the point on what a BETA software is and it's purpose. BETA software have absolutely no guarantee that things will work smoothly, *SPECIALLY* on newly introduced features. As you noticed, some times it simply don't work at all, and that's completly OK.

[ Edited ]

@leonardogyn wrote:

@littlewolf wrote:

You clearly miss the point on what a BETA software is and it's purpose. BETA software have absolutely no guarantee that things will work smoothly, *SPECIALLY* on newly introduced features. As you noticed, some times it simply don't work at all, and that's completly OK.

When the whole point of a new feature is having multiple schedules, and that does not work at all, there's absolutely NO point to release such feature, advertise it in release notes and waste users time. Just do NOT release that feature. If that's OK for you that it doesn't work at all, don't assume it's not OK for others, as it suggests absolute lack of any internal testing, QA and whatever similar processes. It's just ridiculous. You are losing customers when you keep releasing similar junk.

Well, except for customers like you, who will happily eat whatever piece of *poop* the vendor throws on you.

Established Member

@littlewolf wrote:

When the whole point of a new feature is having multiple schedules, and that does not work at all, there's absolutely NO point to release such feature, advertise it in release notes and waste users time. Just do NOT release that feature. If that's OK for you that it doesn't work at all, don't assume it's not OK for others, as it suggests absolute lack of any internal testing, QA and whatever similar processes. It's just ridiculous. You are losing customers when you keep releasing similar junk.

Well, except for customers like you, who will happily eat whatever piece of *poop* the vendor throws on you.

you should really try to not be this kind of stupid person in public forums ... have a great day !

[ Edited ]

@littlewolf wrote:

Man, you really should calm down.

You're talking about a beta-release. Go out on the internet and search what "beta" means. As soon as you install a beta-release you accept that YOU are the tester. It's part of the development cycle and we can and should be happy that UBNT is professional enough to include their (willing) users within their release-/testing-cycle. Because most companies I know are not!

Every feature (beta or not) consists of several building blocks. During the mentioned beta, the finished building block is maybe only on the server-side and not yet within the UI. Also, Release Notes often are a subset of the names of the internal development-tasks and are not reworked for the public only because there are guys like you out there who constantly are complaining instead of contributing.

If you're still not getting how development in the year 2019 works, try googling searching for "Agile", "DevOps", Ship fast" and read a bit Man Wink

Yeah, absolutely. Ship dysfunctional junk fast. Hurry up. Absolutely the way to go. No matter that it doesn't work at all, look, we are agile! I mean, testing this particular one might take about 5 clicks! Ain't nobody got time for stupid things like that.

Generation Z in action. 

Hey, the results of this style of development suck. Big time.

@littlewolf wrote:

Yeah, absolutely. Ship dysfunctional junk fast. Hurry up. Absolutely the way to go. No matter that it doesn't work at all, look, we are agile! I mean, testing this particular one might take about 5 clicks! Ain't nobody got time for stupid things like that.

Generation Z in action. 

Hey, the results of this style of development suck. Big time.

Again - as you're obviously not getting it. UBNT isn't shipping anything. It is a beta-build which you actively have to poll. And which is - by design - neither stable nor fully functional. You agreed to that terms on the day you signed up to get access to the beta-channel.

Also, that's nothing Gen Z-specific as beta-releases always worked that way, even 20 years ago. And you should only judge the result of this style of development based on the officially and publicly available stable-releases. UBNT is actively searching for feedback of their users and also (based on my experience) valueing our feedback as well as often taking an active part in this forum. That's not self-evident as you can wait forever for this type of communication at most of their competitors.

So, don't read the beta-release-notes if you can't handle them, sit down, get you a beer and have a nice day Man Wink

Kudos: 24
Solutions: 2

@dklinger wrote:

It is a beta-build which you actively have to poll. And which is - by design - neither stable nor fully functional.

That is ridiculous.  That would be an alpha build or an internal daily build.

When it is sent to customers to test, especially when it mentions functional changes, those changes should at least be completed.  You might encounter problems, but in a beta it is not acceptable that a feature mentioned in the changes list is simply not finished and not working at all.

Established Member

@pe1chl wrote:

It is a beta-build which you actively have to poll. And which is - by design - neither stable nor fully functional.

That is ridiculous.  That would be an alpha build or an internal daily build.

When it is sent to customers to test .....

It wasn't sent to anyone ... those who grabbed it, made it on their own will, KNOWING it's beta software.

Ridiculous is really expecting everything, specially new features, is gonna to work flawlessly on the first beta release that functionality appears ...

that's enough to me, i couldn't imagine that in 2019 people really don't understand what BETA software is ... this kind of people really don't deserve my time on answering them. Peace.