Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Re: multiple WLAN schedule

@pe1chl wrote:

That is ridiculous.  That would be an alpha build or an internal daily build.
When it is sent to customers to test, especially when it mentions functional changes, those changes should at least be completed.  You might encounter problems, but in a beta it is not acceptable that a feature mentioned in the changes list is simply not finished and not working at all.

So, let's recall the official UBNT "Terms of Service and Early Access Program Guidelines" and how you did on those:

1. Provide timely and thorough feedback on new features and enhancements of the software, both good and bad.
    -> You're ranting like crazy. So I'll approve that as "bad feedback". Good work - you did what's expected from you.
  2. Be patient while issues are addressed and resolved.
    -> Hmmm. Sorry, but no. I can't give you credit on that one.
  3. Understand that Early Access software shouldn't be treated as production software. Early Access software may contain issues or bugs and is considered under development, and Early Access software testers must be willing to accept these risks.
    -> Also on that one: Sorry, but no. Maybe you have more luck next time.
  4. Not discuss Early Access features, results, and other topics anywhere but the official Early Access forums or through direct email with Ubiquiti staff.
    -> You even failed on that simple one...
  5. Not request technical support from UBNT staff via official support phone lines or support@ubnt.com. All Early Access-related support from UBNT will be provided via official UBNT Early Access forums.
    -> That's nothing to check that easily, but I'll grant that to you.
  6. Upon request and with consent per-incident, allow Ubiquiti developers full access to Early Access devices, whether directly, through remote connection, or by continuous updates of support files.
    -> You don't sound like you are in contact with UBNT. So, it's again a no-pass.

So it's 4:2 against you. Maybe you'll pass on your next try.

Kudos: 529
Solutions: 31

@leonardogyn wrote:

Ridiculous is really expecting everything, specially new features, is gonna to work flawlessly on the first beta release that functionality appears ...

That things does not work at all. Not a chance. Does nothing. Dunno about your Gen Z agile development, but I as a developer would be ashamed to release something like that. This is not beta. This particular feature released for testing is a useless GUI mock-up that does nothing. Why would you release something that does not work at all for testing? What are people supposed to test there?

Mad2Mad2Mad2

Kudos: 3

[ Edited ]

@dklinger wrote:

Man, you really should calm down. You're talking about a beta-release. Go out on the internet and search what "beta" means. As soon as you install a beta-release you accept that YOU are the tester. It's part of the development cycle and we can and should be happy that UBNT is professional enough to include their (willing) users within their release-/testing-cycle. Because most companies I know are not!

Every feature (beta or not) consists of several building blocks. During the mentioned beta, the finished building block is maybe only on the server-side and not yet within the UI. Also, Release Notes often are a subset of the names of the internal development-tasks and are not reworked for the public only because there are guys like you out there who constantly are complaining instead of contributing.

If you're still not getting how development in the year 2019 works, try googling searching for "Agile", "DevOps", Ship fast" and read a bit Man Wink

lol you think ubiquiti is "professional" because they let you test their broken software for them??

Most companies don't release "beta" builds to the public...

...because they actually pay professionals to do the testing...

The fact of the matter is that this should have been fixed YEARS ago, so a half-assed effort by some poorly paid intern(or offshore contract developer) is pretty pathetic and it's understandable that users who need this feature are pissed.

Fyi, spouting all that ridiculous nonsense about how you think software development works destroyed your credibility..

[ Edited ]

@littlewolf wrote:

That things does not work at all. Not a chance. Does nothing. Dunno about your Gen Z agile development, but I as a developer would be ashamed to release something like that. This is not beta. This particular feature released for testing is a useless GUI mock-up that does nothing. Why would you release something that does not work at all for testing? What are people supposed to test there?

Mad2Mad2Mad2

Ever heard of something like "branching" or even a concept named "GitFlow" in conjuction with Application Lifecycle Management and automated CI/CD-processes? The release you are talking about contains of probably a few new items and this is just one part of it. The closest guess I can make is, that some developer has completed his/her work and merged his/her (fully functional) work back to the development-branch and maybe the developer working on the second part (frontend/backend for example) of the feature was not ready in time so his work was not included in the build process of the Early Access (it's not even called "beta"...) Build.

There are so many things involved (and automated) these days in software development that not everything is making sense for externals. You as a developer should now that. At least when you work at an enterprise-grade company with heavy state-of-the-art automation and more than 2 guys/girls developing stuff within your team. And I'm not saying that UBNT is such a company because I really don't know.