Kudos: 9

"Downgrading" message when upgrade AP/Switch?

Greetings,

I just did the upgrade on my AP-AC-Pro's and switch from v3.9.15.8011 to v3.9.19.8123, but when I clicked the upgrade button in the controller the message that popped up was that it would be "downgrading firmware".

After everything finished, it had actually upgraded though, so all is well in the end, but it did have me worried for a minute there.

My Cloudkey firmware had just updated to v0.8.9 (controller 5.6.29) and I had cached the new firmware for the AP-AC-Pro and switch. After clicking upgrade and getting the message, I jumped back to the Maintenance tab to see if I had somehow cached an older firmware, and then I saw it showing me two different firmware version for each device, the one I had downloaded and one that was older than what was currently installed.

Everything appears to be working, and after everything has refreshed the firmware list only shows that latest versions, the older entries are gone again.

Most strange.

ubnt-dupe-firmware.PNG
Kudos: 168
Solutions: 57

Re: "Downgrading" message when upgrade AP/Switch?

If may be due to 3.9.18 was recently pushed to the controller. Before it was, did you manually update via the custom firmware update option in the controller? If this was the case, and it was before 3.9.18 was pushed out,  the controller had 3.9.15 and took that as the current version.  So if you pushed 3.9.18 already, the controller saw the versions didn't match but your "update" button was still trying to push 3.9.15 and since it was a lower version number it was a "downgrade".  

Highlighted
Kudos: 9

Re: "Downgrading" message when upgrade AP/Switch?

I updated the controller, then cached the 3.9.19 firmware, then upgraded the AP/Switch from 3.9.15, got the message, saw the "duplicates" (but they show 3.5.6?!?).

I'm using a cloudkey, and haven't done any custom firmware upgrades, only what is delivered through the cloudkey controller. I don't recall seeing any other newer firmware being available until this 3.9.19 verision.