"Problem while configuring device!" on Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus

Setting up for the first time on brand new hardware

- Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus

- Security Gateway Pro

- US-24-250W PoE Switch

- 3x AC Pros

And I keep getting this error when trying to set up the cloud key in the app (android) via bluetooth

"Problem while configuring device!"

2019-02-11 13.49.36.jpg

I've tried a factory reset on the cloud key, and no dice.

Should I be doing this a different way?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 9

Re: "Problem while configuring device!" on Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus

[ Edited ]

Hello @grchha. Moving this post to UniFi Wireless.

Are you only able to use the app to set this up, or could you complete the setup from a computer? Are you on the latest version of the app?

I'm betting that because you're still going through the setup, there's no way to view logs until that has been completed...

Jonathan See | UniFi Support Team
Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @grchha,

Welcome to the community!

Could you try to setup the UCK via your browser by browsing to the UCK IP?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Thanks for suggestions - turns out plugging my laptop directly into the switch allowed me to access the cloud key to set it up. Couldn't do this through the app though.

Hello @grchha,

Looks like you’re using the Android app correct?

What app version are you using?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M

Correct, running Oxygen OS 9.0.3 on a One Plus 6. App version is: 1.7.5 (10705050)

Hello @grchha,

You could for giggles try the latest BETA android app version.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 56
Solutions: 19

@grchha

Have you tried to setup your Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus by manually setting username / password or you used SSO option ?

The network is set up and working now, so no need to do that. Got it working by accessing the cloud key setup interface over an ethernet connection to my mac. Thanks for all the help though! 

Hello @grchha,

Awesome, wish you the best with your setup!

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

[ Edited ]

I also am experiencing the exact same error message (which has no further explanation than that) when configuring the Cloud Key 2 Plus via Bluetooth on a OnePlus 6 phone that runs OxygenOS. Exactly the same scenario as OP.. smells like a big.

Well unfortunately I don't have a switch to plug the laptop directly into in order to configure the Cloud Key at the IP provided. I just have the USG and Cloud Key 2 Plus, so i now have my laptop plugged into the wan/lan2 port and navigate to the IP displayed on the cloud key but the browser does not return any page. If I ping the same IP, the request times out. If I navigate to 192.168.1.1, I get to a UniFi Gateway login page that states "This gateway is currently managed. Please sign in." Unfortunately my user/pass does not work. 

What do I do next? Thanks.

Hello @longarmragu,

Could you try the latest BETA Android APP?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

Just tried it, same issue.

Hello @longarmragu,

Configure it via the webbrowser.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

Hi Glenn, I think you may have missed the details in my post that addressed that. If I'm mistaken, let me know.

Hello @longarmragu,

I'm sorry... do you have a IOS device?

How does your network look like?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 56
Solutions: 4

@longarmragu Can you please send me your "Report Key". It is at the bottom of the Account page. You can copy it with the long tap. I will try to investigate the logs, what is happening there.