Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

restoring from backup = change ssh credentials?

Hi,

I had to restore from backup today but was unable to do so from my own.  When I tried, I got a popup (Change SSH Credentials).  If I hit cancel or X it just sent me back to the CK wizard.  If I entered the credentials that the backup used or different credentials (user and pass) and hit submit nothing happened.  I ended up having to restore from one of my auto backups (luckily that worked).  Still a concern that I was not able to use my own backup.  I did update the firmware during the wizard setup maybe that was why (doesn't explain why the auto backup worked though)?  My backup was from controller 5.10.12 and the auto backup was from 5.9.29.

Thanks,

>g.

Accepted Solutions
Solutions: 1

Re: restoring from backup = change ssh credentials?

Hi,

I experienced the same issue as the original poster. Tried both Chrome and Firefox and both just shows the "Change SSH Credentials" screen with no progress made when submitting. The workaround I used was to go through the wizard as if it was a new CloudKey installation, then use "Settings >> Maintenance >> Restore" to restore from the .unf backup file. Worked fine, but shouldn't be necssary. Looks like a bug in the newer firmware IMHO.

- Øystein

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 56
Solutions: 19

Thank you all for posting about issue, we are preparing fix for that

Current workaround:

On default Cloud Key go into Cloud Key Web UI / UniFi Management Portal (running on port 443) , you'll be asked to change default SSH credentials after login. Please do that.

Then you can restore your backups in UniFi Network Controller wizard (you'll not be asked to Change SSH Credentials because you already did that).

BR

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @glc650,

Perhaps the backup was corrupted?

Does the backup contain a admin account?

mongo --port 27117 ace --eval "db.admin.find().forEach(printjson);"

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @glc650,

Perhaps the backup was corrupted?

Does the backup contain a admin account?

mongo --port 27117 ace --eval "db.admin.find().forEach(printjson);"

Regards,

Glenn R.

Don't know how to tell it is corrupted.  Backup was created just 3 days ago after upgrading from 5.9.29 to 5.10.12.  Admin acct should be there I mean it was a fully working setup when I created the backup. When I restored from auto backup it just worked (did not popup the Change SSH Credentials box).

Solutions: 1

Hi,

I experienced the same issue as the original poster. Tried both Chrome and Firefox and both just shows the "Change SSH Credentials" screen with no progress made when submitting. The workaround I used was to go through the wizard as if it was a new CloudKey installation, then use "Settings >> Maintenance >> Restore" to restore from the .unf backup file. Worked fine, but shouldn't be necssary. Looks like a bug in the newer firmware IMHO.

- Øystein

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 56
Solutions: 19

Thank you all for posting about issue, we are preparing fix for that

Current workaround:

On default Cloud Key go into Cloud Key Web UI / UniFi Management Portal (running on port 443) , you'll be asked to change default SSH credentials after login. Please do that.

Then you can restore your backups in UniFi Network Controller wizard (you'll not be asked to Change SSH Credentials because you already did that).

BR