unifi facebook login

Good day, I installed unifi with 2 ap-ac-lr and set authentication with facebook, It's ok, but I don't find if there is the possibility to have a list of authenticad user in my facebook page...

If there is no possibility, is the a external service that It give me la possibility to make a registration form before use wireless?

thank you

Kudos: 2997
Solutions: 806

Re: unifi facebook login

[ Edited ]

Hello @lalecco,

You can't see through the UniFi Controller who authorized via FaceBook.

You can only see all the authorized guests.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

ok, but in the facebbok page? I can't find any setting than page name, bypass and time session..

thanks a lot

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1309
Solutions: 228

@lalecco IIRC, when you are using Facebook authentication the registered guests will show up in the Hotspot Manager reports. Not sure on which controller versions this is still visible.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Veteran Member

[ Edited ]

@lalecco I’m not sure I understand your second question. Are you looking for a way to add guests to your Facebbok page? Which Facebook feature supports that? Are you thinking of Likes?

Facebook does not allow forced Likes anymore so if that is what you have in mind, you will need to become creative. That being said: I personally do not see the value in Forced Likes. Instead, our captive portal software solution asks Facebook users to share a URL together with a pre-formatted message (which they can edit if they wish) on Facebook after authenticating. They also have the (mandatory) option to skip ths step.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 1

Hi @lalecco

Facebook authentication on the UniFi hotspot will not provide you with a list of users or any personal details. It is simply a way of authenticating guests.

If you want to capture email or other data of the users who use your Wifi you will need to use the external portal server. You can either build your own or use a third party service

Email Capture and Marketing for UniFi Networks - MyPlace Connect

thanks jamesmpc, 

Okay, would you recommend an external portal server ?, which allows me to collect information, free or paid

thanks a lot

Veteran Member

@lalecco wrote:

thanks jamesmpc, 

Okay, would you recommend an external portal server ?, which allows me to collect information, free or paid

thanks a lot

@lalecco My company offers a software-based solution for this which can be installed on a server under your own control and can be branded to match your own styling. Contact me via PM or email (erik AT artofwifi DOT net) for further details.

Art of WiFi
Veteran Member

@lalecco@jamesmpc By the way, the default portal should be collecting the email addresses from Facebook logins and make them available here in the Hotspot manager:

social_captures.png

Art of WiFi
Emerging Member
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 1

Hi @lalecco

Our company provide a UniFi external portal solution. You can check out the details in my signature

Feel free to PM me for more info

Email Capture and Marketing for UniFi Networks - MyPlace Connect