Kudos: 4

why hasnt any staff been added? is unifi shutting down?

So I have personally experienced a myriad of unanswered, hours old etc times from unifi. Lately within the past few months the support for these products has either 

A) changed majorly (outsourced?)

B) suffered a terrible tragedy, only 2 employees left, they share a '98 thinkpad that has been dropped A LOT.

C) is some sort of "suggestion box" type format; replies are not expected anymore

Like I dont even know, I know it's not just me as I see lots of posts about it but unifi always gives a cuffed answer that is a reply but not acknowledging the issues presented. Its absolutely terrible in comparison to how it was when I started using the products religiously. It would be appropriate for UNBT to give some more information on some staffing shortage or at least some plausible reason with an outline of what's being done to correct it, but I'd love to know:

Who here is still reccomendeding unifi products to clients etc. ? Lately I feel that not even the products are good enough to go through the total lack of support. 

every chat that i have actually waited an hour to get to someone has ended in them arguing with me. your products arent good enough to have customers deal with this bs. i mean most of your upgrades fail right out of the gate for most people. warning: we can and will shut you down here in the states if you continue to demonstrate lack of caring for your clients and continue to rip us off.

Kudos: 16

Re: why hasnt any staff been added? is unifi shutting down?

Huh?

Ubiquiti is on a roll financially.  Making tons of money and keeping Wall Street happy (as if they are ever really happy, of course).

https://www.investors.com/news/technology/ubiquiti-earnings-ubiquiti-stock-fiscal-q2018/

Well that would be awesome to hear except for the fact that obviously they are not willing to reinvest in both their products and clients. If they are doing so well (I used that ending of the title as a bait and hook tactic so I apologize) then why has nothing improved when contacting support and most the time I have to just hang up after you house got a house day that's nice now.... if they are doing so very well then I beleive each of us that has complained multiple times on here should get a handwritten apology from the founder/CEO to show that they actually dont ignore us completely 

Kudos: 91
Solutions: 2

What is your actual problem? Do you have hardware failing? I've only got a few UniFi deployments but they are pretty much hands off. It works and it works well. 

Kudos: 283
Solutions: 20

I'm extremely satisfied with every Ubiquiti product I've used and every interaction with their staff.

You don't provide any details on your issues and looking at your post history you've made little to no attempts at all to get support here, in the forums, for the unsupported things (based on the config.gateway.json reply) that you are attempting to accomplish.

UCK-G2-PLUS | USG-3P | USW-24P-250 | USW-8P-150 | UAP-AC-LR | UAP-HD-IW | UVC-G3-AF | UVC-G3-PRO | UVC-G3-FLEX
Established Member
Kudos: 1147
Solutions: 79

Kudos: 6

I've had a goodly number of positive experiences with support over the last six months and very few equipment problems, including exactly zero failed updates. The only exception being they referred me to my own feature request in the forum when I asked support about it.

Youmay not be alone in your circumstance, but calling out the entire company on an isolated issue seems brash. I'm sure the frustration is real, but I'm not sure venting it here is going to help. I hope you can get this sorted out quickly. If you have questions, there's lots of people here willing to help.

Kudos: 5

While I don't agree that the company is hurting or shutting down (their wireless products are incredibly well received), their routing products are something that could use some work.

Basic features like having dynamic IP's for VPN's or GUI support for OpenVPN are supported on cheaper consumer routers.  I have to agree that their feature request threads are a waste of time.  Some basic requests have been unanswered for years.

Kudos: 10

You do realize that th reason Ubiquiti is so cheap for such a high end product is because they market to people who know what they're doing and generally don't need support. Their support has always been limited and forum based though I have received good support via their messaging service. 

Kudos: 96
Solutions: 33

What have you needed to contact the support team for?

I have not had any reason to do so, other than hardware failure, and for that I went via my distributor who swapped out the same day.

If you have issues post up in a new thread and I am confident they can be resolved working alongside the community. There are many here who spend many hours assisting. 

The price point of Ubiquiti puts it into the prosumer range rather than enterprise, so expecting the same as HP, Rukus or Cisco networking support is asking alot.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 6

[ Edited ]

If you need guaranteed support, you'd better get a contract on that. If you need support with one hour response time, you'd better get a darn good SLA included in that contract (as in, $$$$+/year). 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

Troll.......
Eric Oliver
Network Engineer
www.facebook.com/o3networks

If I'm a troll I at least have an impressive skill level with operating computers. 

You are not accounting for the fact that ubiquiti is absolutely not the only reseller of their products and being that they really dont market too much this is just a pointless and false observation.

For example: Micro Center is a large retailer of Ubiquity products  and absolutely do not market them to a specific group of people let alone prosumers or IT/Networking personnel. This is only one specific example of why your statement isnt true nor does it pertain to anything anyone ever says about this company

If you have had no reason to contact support then you may not have anything worth adding to this conversation being that you have had little to no experience with the topic bit thank you for at least replying.

I'm glad you have had many positive experiences although i have had quite the opposite. From port forwarding issues to a 2fa issue that went unanswered for over a week to multiple other small issues and the like my typical experience is I wait in que and the moment I stop waiting I get that email that they're sorry they missed me (I can wait 30 mins, 1 hour, etc) the simple fact that this is actually my second post about this with the first one gone unanswered for over a month is not making any of these arguments I'm individually responding to any more credible. At no time did i suggest I need support at the current time. Perhaps I had account related tasks I needed help with. I also made it a point to say that the title was worded with the last part simply as a bait tactic to draw attention to it as obviously there is traffic by the posting frequency and times seen in the new posts section but again this is my second topic re the matter. 

For anyone who is curious about my capabilities technically speaking, I'm a developer for one of the fastest growing Linux distros. I assure you I am more than versed in the workings of routing and networking. I am criticizing the way a company has been ignoring multiple calls for improvement regarding their service to customers

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1187
Solutions: 196

You need to understand that UBNT is purposely built on not having any meaningful customer service. If that is what you require then you really need to elect a different brand. It is as simple as that. Use this forum, ask and also contribute, and if that is not enough then go for a competing product instead.

Kudos: 16

[ Edited ]

Since nobody else has mentioned it...

There is a paid support plan, the Elite service, which is priced according to the MSRP of the devices and starts at $25 per device per year.

According the website, Elite includes telephone support, advanced RMA replacements, and extended warranty.  Does NOT require buying the Unifi hosted controller-in-the-cloud service.

So if you really want Enterprise class support, you can pay a reasonable fee for it (just check what Cisco and others charge for support plans before you comment on the cost).

Again, I was seeking account related support. Your cost estimate is grossly underestimated by a couple hundred bucks with the cloud hosted controller. It's got nothing to do with the quality of support that I've been commenting on rather the lack of availability as a whole. Honestly you guys are making my distros users look very attentive right now with your fixation on assuming I need help versus actually having an honest dialogue about it (did I mention I'm actually one of the core devs for a pentesting distro that's like idk number one in pretty much all we do (birdpower) and I'm absolutely qualified regarding anything pertaining to networking (our focus and main area of absolute innovation which speaks for itself). I have yet to hear any argument that differs from  "oh you want this level of support? That's the platinum plus plan" working for a nonprofit i could probably surprise you with what i can do with our op budget of like 200 odd dollars a month from our soul income stream, our Patreon. I'm not stupid I know good support is expensive but unless one of you can explicitly point to where its stated that I'm not due basic support then I'll reevaluate my stance on the matter. 

Kudos: 79
Solutions: 1

All I know if my Unifi products run smooth and efficient.  Plus I like the new dark mode in the Controller.  Man Wink 

Be Proactive Instead of Reactive....