04-20-2017 03:55 PM
Has anyone else noticed Amplifi quickly dropping and regainaing signal for Android Phones? I've tried mutiple devices and see the same thing. I only have one router and no special settings.
No other devices besides Android have shown this behavior. I replaced the unit and have done al the updates, same result.
Am I the only one?
04-21-2017 05:35 AM
Haven't noticed anything like that - you mean the received signal level on the phone?
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
04-21-2017 05:30 PM
Network connectivity drops, then quickly connects. Tested on S7 Edge and Oneplus 3T.
Doesn't happen on any other devices that I have noticed. Roku, macbook, Windows 10 laptop.
04-25-2017 10:56 AM
My experience has been the opposite. I don't have any androids, but a few of my friends do and have had no issue with the Guest network. I have 4 iphones, 6 windows computers, airport express (for audio points), a few Alexa devices and an xbox. Connectiviely has been extremely solid. I got mine back in January and at that point the AUTO Channel selection logic was not quite good enough for my usage. My environment is not especially noisey but it always picks the same channel that I have a Uverse 5gHz wireless STB transceiver on...Same thing on the 2gHz band...Much better channels available than what it picks. This never caused a reconnect, but performance in the room where the wireless STB resided was degraded some.
Unless you did it already, I would suggest getting the Acrylic app or other wifi scanner to see what the channel situation is in your environment...Maybe it isn't choosing well. I did try AUTO channels again in an update where it was claimed to improve channel selection and it still picked used channels when most others were obviously less used...But I think that has to do with how my Amplifi is located in reference to the wireless STB transceiver. Might be an edge case...hard to say.
05-11-2017 06:33 PM - edited 05-11-2017 06:33 PM
Hello!!! I'm new to the forum.
My name is Germán and I am from Argentina.
I have an Amplifi WiFi Router HD and I have the same problem as you ... But in my case, I think I have found the fault / solution to it. In my case, it starts to make the disconnections when I enable the UPNP.
Those who have the problem, try to disable the UPNP and verify how it works !!!
Greetings and I hope it works just like me !!!
P.D: I use Google translator ...
11-02-2017 05:09 PM
One thing I had was a DHCP range overlap with some static configs on other devices.
I kept dropping the connection as the devices conflicted. I modified the DHCP start/end ranges to match what I had before moving to the Amplifi devices. My android devices were getting low range IP offers, but others were getting higher range offers.
Just a note for something to check.