Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 50

Feature Suggestion for UniFi Wireless: Motion Detection Algorithm

So, these guys basically have an algorithm that can determine room presence, among other things, just from a WiFi signal. I think this would be a great value-add for UniFi, even if it were an additional licensed feature (I know, I know). Commercial appliocations aside, it would definitely take a lot of the pain out of having to wire up a bunch of PIR sensors in my home.

Link:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/09/origin-wireless-motion-detection-breathing-rate-sensor/

Kudos: 40
Solutions: 4

Re: Feature Suggestion for UniFi Wireless: Motion Detection Algorithm

They could integrate that with UniFi cameras so then maybe motion detection would work there? Man Wink

You mean for areas that the cameras don’t already cover?
Kudos: 40
Solutions: 4

No, I was just trolling because the motion detection in UniFi video is currently "problematic". Missing obvious motion, recording hours of pointless nothing, dust specs, insects, etc.

... oh. Heh. Yeah, I don't think the UniFi cameras themselves would benefit from this, since it would be based around UniFi wireless. That being said, I would expect that UniFi wireless would integrate with UniFi video system for this purpose.