Highlighted
Kudos: 4

[ U LABS AmpliFi] Feature request X AmpliFi Team

[ Edited ]

Hi

threre is feature roadmamp for AmpliFi? I send to support my request:

• 01) Create a dedicated forum & blog for AmpliFi
  • 02) Create a beta channel for testing beta firmware & beta iOS app (Apple TestFlight) 
  • 03) Support for iPad
  • 04) SOLVED -> Support for remote\cloud access <- Firmware 2.0
  • 05) Support for DDNS
  • 06) Enable pass-code\Touch ID access security
  • 07) Enable 3D Touch
  • 08) Option for language 
  • 09) Enable SNMP
  • 10) Enable Events (admin\lan\wlan)
  • 11) Enable alert mail
  • 12) Enable notifications
  • 13) Enable periodic speed test every xx minutes
  • 14) Enable guest policy
  • 15) Enable Automatic Power Save Delivery
  • 16) Set individual password for 2G and 5G SSID
  • 17) Enable WLAN schedule
  • 18) Enable MeshPoint schedule
  • 19) Enable User Group per set Bandwidth Limit (download & Upload )
  • 20) Enable DPI
  • 21) Enable QOS
  • 22) Support to set\enable Jumbo Frame
  • 23)Enable Backup\Restore configuration
  • 24) Set the power of WiFi

Last update : 25/02/2017

Man Wink

AmpliFi HD Home WiFi System v 2.0.0
Kudos: 1

Re: [ U LABS AmpliFi] Feature request X AmpliFi Team

Configuration backup/restore needs to be higher on that list. I have 15 port forwards, 20+ static leases, and 3 profiles with 2 schedules each. One of my mesh points keeps disappearing requiring a factory reset of the base to be found again, and it's quite a pain to set everything up all over again.
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 5

Have you checked with support on that? That is not normal. An RMA might be in order.

SuperUser
Kudos: 870
Solutions: 39

[ Edited ]

@dbriskin sending you a pm.

Thanks,

David.

Ubiquiti Certified - UEWA / UCWA
Kudos: 3

[ Edited ]

Nice job on 1.68. Here is what I would like to see soon.

• USB port activated for storage.
  • Upload and Download Speed in the app on the performance screen still not discrete in the iOS app. Highest value for either shows on both.
  • Selecting 2gHz on meshpoint still not possible in iOS app.
  • Option on manual speed test to disable internet for devices during test.
  • Speed Test Schedule (like the new parental controls in terms of a Weekday with an adjustable time for each day). Keep it simple.
  • Scheduled Speed Test should disable Internet for all devices when executing (This works manually to shut off the traffic during a test). or have option for doing so.
  • Downloadable Speed Test Log or log to UNC location (NAS, etc)
  • Configurable Test Server? The built-in speed test has never hit my Service Speed. Perhaps this will improve.

If those speed test "features" do get considered, please leave them disabled by default. All the pausing sounds like it would agitate most home setups.

My thought is disabling all device internet access during the test would be an optional thing and I certainly agree with that being off by default.

I would add

- native IPv6 (native and tunnel)

- ability to reset the 'total' data throughput counter (without factory reset!)

good list!

Can someone please explain why I can't set my own IP ranges? 10.0.x.x is pretty lame. 

range is selectable; 10.0, 172.16 or 192.168 in DHCP settings.
Kudos: 4

new 2.0

32950563602_c3125dd865

v2.0.0

• Remote management using your Facebook or Google profile
  • Improved automatic band selection
  • Touchscreen performance enhanceme

Man Wink

AmpliFi HD Home WiFi System v 2.0.0

Correct. Why are there only 3 ranges? Even a $10 router offers a custom range. For exsample if I wanted a device on a 10.10.10.x range I am unable to do so with this router Man Sad

There are only 3 defined private IP ranges. You can turn it into a bridge and use alternate DHCP or configure static if you wanted. I ran mine that way for a little while until I got stuff moved off my gateway so I could isolate the mulicast stuff there...

The main point of this router is to keep this stuff simple...why would you be using the 10.x.x.x range at home anyway?

Especially since Amplifi is designed to be a "set and forget" consumer system. If you want really granular control, you go with a enthusiast router and flash it with ddwrt, or you just spring for business class gear and take on the extra cost and setup time.

I for one love the fact that I haven't had to troubleshoot my Amplifi once yet, and that I know if I had to factory reset it I could have it working exactly as it is now in 15 minutes at most.

It was more of a question to an obvious oversight. Seems like someothing that should have been written into the original spec. Saying something is simple becasue it's missing a feature wasn't the anwser I was looking for. I was trying to find out the reason why they spent the time going about it that way.

That's a pretty silly answer when all routers are "set and forget" why would anyone be messing about in router settings everyday?

Also, saying you need to go with an enthusiast router or flash custom firmware is missing the point entirely. If a consumer can purchase a $15 router and a business can purchased a $15,000 router and both have custom IP range settings wouldn't it lead you to belive this is something that is fairly common in "any router" in fact can you name one that dose not have this feature by default?
Solutions: 3

I see they made remote access to the amplifi system.

BUT

it requires a google or facebook login.

Isnt there a way where i dont have to handover information about my devices and network to a 3rd party?

The 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 range is the enterprise class IP range. The maximum number of devices this range supports is about 16.7 million addresses. If you have a network that big, you are NOT using AMPLIFI HD. The The 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 range supports 65536 addresses and generally the correct range to use in a home situation.

My best guess that the 10.0.x.x doesn't allow the second octet to be changed is that the device allocation table may not allow for the address space needed to index 16.7 million addresses. That would mean a 32 bit (4 byte) index. By locking down the second octet, the range for 10.0.x.x is the same as 192.168.x.x. That means the 64K addresses can be indexed in 16 bits (2 bytes). Additionally, the have also locked down the 172.16.0.0 - 172.32.255.255 private range to 64K addresses as well. This is actually a very important optimization in firmware devices because the memory seek time is 10x faster. Additionally, parallel reads also benefit as AMPLIFI is a micro computer.

Just because the specification says you can, there are hardware considertions to consider in terms of the target environment. Since this is designed to be a high performance mesh system that is minimal configuration and I know of no home networks that have 64K devices, I can completely understand locking down the ranges to 64K. I did a good but of firmware development on 8051 and this is a pretty common approach to optimizing memory IO performance IMHO.

The Remote Management bothers me a little bit also. I don't mind the Google login too much (would never use FB for this). However, I would like a Remote Access Disabled switch that indicates remote access is disabled in the hardware. The reason this bothers me is that I can log into my router now and don't see a way to disable remote access so that even if I tried, I would be rejected. I think that is needed as there seems to be no way to disable remote access.

Solutions: 3

@spaceatl nice post.. the big one.. a

The last one.. agreed.. maybe they made it for the ease to use private home owners.. who never cares.. they only want an easy life.. maybe that's just it.. I don't hope it is.. but maybe.. Man Happy