Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted

Hello from St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Hi Ubiquity Community!

I am a retired IT Professional (30 yrs) the last 10 years working on high performance computing clusters with high performance networking.  My Son is working with me, he has networking experience and has a degree in programming.  We intent to plan and install a 3 site network with site to site VPN for our own use.  We want multi WAN support so we are looking at the ER-8 or other Edge Routers.  We want to set up load balancing on WAN 1&2 with fail over to WAN3.

Site info follows:  

Site-1: WAN-1 ISP is 1G x 1G FiOS, WAN-2 Is cable 100Mbps x 4Mbps, WAN-3 is wireless ~ 13Mbps x 4Mbps this is metered so failover; 

Site-2: WAN-1 Pending ISP availability of 1G x 1G FiOS, WAN-2 ISP is cable 100Mbps x 4Mbps, WAN-3 is wireless ~ 13Mbps x 4Mbps this is metered so failover. 

Site-3 is rural: WAN-1 ISP is satellite 13Mbps x 4Mbps,  WAN-2 pending FiOS or possibly an Ubiquity Air Fiber connection to a distant site  Speed ???, WAN-3 is wireless ~ 13Mbps x 4Mbps this is metered so failover. 

Each site will have a gigabit switch(s), security DVR systems or IP security cameras with NVR each site will have WiFi access points and be configured with VLANs for a Private network and a Guest network.  Site-3 is a rural isolated 216 acre farm with 60A tillable the rest woods, hills, and hollows.  We plan to install 50' free standing com towers with a mesh WiFi network and security cameras on the towers powered with solar.  The base tower has already been installed.  

Depending on how we do with our setup we want to be able to help others accomplish similar setups as a business. 

Great to become part of the Ubiquity Community!

Steve Deem

SuperUser
Kudos: 3946
Solutions: 1413

Re: Hello from St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Welcome aboard, Steve! Man Happy
Occam was Right; more than two blades is just silly