Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Wifiman Android P Scan Interval Throttling

Using Wifiman v1.1.3 on a Sony Xperia XZ3 with Android 9 Pie, after a few scans, like four in the first 30 seconds, the scanning intervals get throttled down to like two or three scans in two minutes.

I've already read here, that this might be related to Android 9 battery saving mechanisms, but is there a way to let Wifiman continously scan once in five or ten seconds (generally speaking more frequently) permanently when using Android 9? 

Also tried a Pixel 3 with Android 9, same behaviour.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 31

Re: Wifiman Android P Scan Interval Throttling

This is definitelly related to Android 9 battery saving mechanism. As far as I know there is no workaround to make the scanning work like on older Android versions.

We'll make at least the scanning more optimised for the Android 9 throttling so the results interval wont be 2 minutes but 30 seconds. That seems the only thing we can do at this moment.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 31

This is definitelly related to Android 9 battery saving mechanism. As far as I know there is no workaround to make the scanning work like on older Android versions.

We'll make at least the scanning more optimised for the Android 9 throttling so the results interval wont be 2 minutes but 30 seconds. That seems the only thing we can do at this moment.

Kudos: 1

Thank you for your quick response.

Would be appreciated if you let us know in this thread as well as in the App Store Changelogs when the scan intervals have been adjusted for convenience.