Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 4
Accepted Solution

Problem installing the Isolator Radome for 620 mm Dish Reflector

Hi, after installing the dish deflector it's still loose like I can spin it all the way trough, makes me think like a strong wind can just tear it off. As you can see in the pictures, I tried to tight it but the bracket start folding and the radome is still loose and still can spint it with my hands.... is that the way is supposed to be?

20170213_174534.jpg20170213_174539.jpg20170213_174617.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 12

Re: Problem installing the Isolator Radome for 620 mm Dish Reflector

Unfortunately that is how they are.   I have a few of them in service and I added a couple small screws thru the dish and the radome to keep it from spinning.   I just wanted to keep the drain holes on the bottom.  I doubt it will fall off but the added screws makes it much more sturdy.  Just be carefully it doesn't lift when putting in the screw in the bottom because it will rattle quite a bit.   Just modify it ahead of time before installing so it is sturdy.    It seems they made it just a little too big.

John. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 12

Unfortunately that is how they are.   I have a few of them in service and I added a couple small screws thru the dish and the radome to keep it from spinning.   I just wanted to keep the drain holes on the bottom.  I doubt it will fall off but the added screws makes it much more sturdy.  Just be carefully it doesn't lift when putting in the screw in the bottom because it will rattle quite a bit.   Just modify it ahead of time before installing so it is sturdy.    It seems they made it just a little too big.

John. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

thanks!!

Established Member
Kudos: 221
Solutions: 28

If you're worried about strong winds then don't waste your time with the LW's or the airfiber 65cm antennas.  Good in many situations but they're just not geared up for very high wind sites..  We've got a couple where we've done running repairs and ended up adding a vertical and horizontal stay directly onto the antenna.  

Use the RD30 (with the slant adapters if you like), RD--5G31-AC (really really good antenna for the money) or an aftermarket dish.

Highlighted
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 15

Maybe a stack of washers that are the perfect height between the tabs to secure it as well?