AC2 devices monitoring problem

Hi. I have a problem with monitoring device.

AC2 discovered all my devices and when I press "start monitoring" in tasks it is connected via SSH but after "applying monitoring parameteres to devices" there is red notification "Device cannot reach server via http://......... Please check your firewall setting".

I read that I have to open ports 22, 9081 and 10001 so I did it but it change nothing.

AC2.jpg

Did anyone have similar problem and know a solution? I will be really grateful.

SuperUser
Kudos: 1830
Solutions: 173
Contributions: 9

Re: AC2 devices monitoring problem

Server needs to reach devices on :
Port 22 TCP, for ssh access.
Port 10001 UDP, for discovery.

Looks like this part is covered.

The radio also needs to reach the AC2 server on port 9081 TCP for sending heartbeats.

You can check this by logging into the radio via ssh and see if you can do a http://<AC2-IP>:9081/AC2/report like so:

# wget http://192.168.1.1:9081/AC2/report
Connecting to 192.168.1.1:9081 (192.168.1.1:9081)
report 100% |****************| 0 --:--:-- ETA

/Paetur

[ Edited ]

When I write my IP with port into my broser i have a blank page. There are no informations...

ac22.jpg

ac22.jpg

Kudos: 15

I am having the same problem. I'm running AC2 on a Windows 7 maching with not problems. I also have AC2 running on a Linux machine. I installed Windows 10 and tried to run AC2 Beta18 today and cannot get the monitor featurre to work on the Windows 10 machine. I turned my firewall complete off, restarted the machine, and I still cannot monitor the radios. Is this just a problem with W10?

I ha e same problem after upgrade from Windows to windows10!

Whats solution?

Sorry from WINDOWS 7 to WINDOWS 10!

Kudos: 21

Am running beta 22 without issue on Win 10.

However, I did notice that I had to change the default network profile to "private" as W10 just "assumed" I was on a public network after the clean install. As far as I know, even turning off the Windoze Firewall doesn't help if the network is tagged as public. (At least it didn't help me.)

Once I'd changed the network to Private, installed the appropriate in/out rules I had no problem at all. (Weirdly, I had to load AC2 twice - the first time it choked, but opened up fine on a retry.)

I'm change the default network profile to "private" in W10  but device's always not monitoring .

AC2.png

[ Edited ]

And you did check your Windows Firewall rules to ensure that they are applicable to the "Private" network as well? (Have missed that myself in the past.)

Inbound: Port 9081 TCP (for report)

Outbound: Port 10001 UDP (for device discovery)

Port 22 TCP (for SSH)

Also I just noticed that AC2 set up two rules, though I'm not sure why but directed from my downloads, rather than my install folder....

Basically allow all TCP/UDP any ports. Suspect I'll have to test and delete those!!

Ok, I've tried setting to private network, but still no luck. It will not allow me to connect. I've been trying all morning to install newer versions of AC2, but the only version that will allow me to login is beta18. The entier network of radios will populate, but I am not able to ssh into them via AC2. What am I missing?

Can you SSH to them directly using putty or similar program?

I can use the Ubiquiti Discovery tool and find all the devices. I can use the Web UI to access the radios, as well. Putty allows me th SSH to the devices. AC2 will populate all the devices upon discovery. However, I am not able to successfully execute the "start monitoring" function. 

I have AC2v20 on another machine running Windows 7 and it works with no problem. 

Not quite sure what this will look like when it posts, but here goes....this is an export of the rules applicable to AC2. The two that show AC2 under "program" were apparently installed by AC2 on launch. Both are disabled now and all works fine. 

This PC monitors only the radios and all are on a private subnet (eg 192.168.66.x) - no external routing involved.

Pretty much anything that isn't on the windows firewall list below is "any" (ie unrestricted).

Anything in green below was added by me. 

Originally tested with Windows Firewall off - and still works that way.

Just wondering if completely uninstalling and reinstalling with the firewall off might help - then turn on functions as needed. Can't really think otherwise of why it would work fine in W7 and not W10.

Inbound           

NameGroupProfileEnabledActionOverrideProgramLocal AddressRemote AddressProtocolLocal PortRemote Port
AC2 - reportDomain, PrivateYesAllowNoAnyAnyAnyTCP9081Any
airControl2PrivateNoAllowNoD:\!downloads\ac2\aircontrol-v2.0-beta22.1878.160518.1756-win64.exeAnyAnyUDPAnyAny
airControl2PrivateNoAllowNoD:\!downloads\ac2\aircontrol-v2.0-beta22.1878.160518.1756-win64.exeAnyAnyTCPAnyAny

Outbound          

NameGroupProfileEnabledActionOverrideProgramLocal AddressRemote AddressProtocolLocal PortRemote Port
AC2 - Device discoveryDomain, PrivateYesAllowNoAnyAnyAnyUDPAny10001
AC2 - SSH Domain, PrivateYesAllowNoAnyAnyAnyTCPAny22
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 4

I have what appears to be the same problem. Freshly installed AC2-RC2 on a Win10 machine with Java8.0.101, all 64-bit.  AC can discover the devices but only the ones on the same subnet can be monitored.  All others elicit the device cannot reach server error.  Network private.  Same error with firewall off and the appropriate rules are in the firewall.  The devices can ping the server IP.  I can SSH into the devices.

Any resolution?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1145
Solutions: 232

@RebusCom If you right click on the device, go to More > Properties, then check "Use overridden airControl Server Address" and enter your server address here, does that resolve the issue you are seeing?

I've come across something that might be relevant, where I could discover all of my units but only monitor the ones that were directly connected to the same AP that I am accessing them through.  The other APs and clients of those APs wouldn't accept the monitoring parameters until I rearranged them in the topology.  Once I added each other AP as a branch on the Air Control server, rather than within the branch of the AP I am on the problem was resolved.

HTH

Damo

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-Jordan wrote:

@RebusCom If you right click on the device, go to More > Properties, then check "Use overridden airControl Server Address" and enter your server address here, does that resolve the issue you are seeing?

@UBNT-JordanWith an overridden address entered they will connect for a while, but then disconnect again sometime later.  Presently a similar thing happens when told to reconnect.  They will but it's only temporary.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 938
Solutions: 219

@RebusCom
Did you tried access to the diag page from other machine to the AC2 server? Especially from remote network? Do you use dynamicDNS services for remote devices or static IP?
http://ip-of-ac2-server:9081/diag

@RuralCanuck
I had similar issues with UniFi Controller as VM on an Windows 10 host! Something went wrong on upgrading Win7 to Win10. Firewall didn't worked well until fresh Windows10 install.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

@Skipper0815 wrote:
@RebusCom
Did you tried access to the diag page from other machine to the AC2 server? Especially from remote network? Do you use dynamicDNS services for remote devices or static IP?
http://ip-of-ac2-server:9081/diag

Not sure what the significance of all the items (no date/time stamps) on the diag page are, but there are a lot of [TIMED_WAITING] entries.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 938
Solutions: 219

No I meant access in general as it would the remote AP/STA devices do. If you can access from remote location to AC2 diag page, than there shouldn't be a firewall problem.
The [TIMED_WAITING] entries aren't unusual.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx