Kudos: 25
Solutions: 4

Re: AC2 devices monitoring problem

@Skipper0815 wrote:
No I meant access in general as it would the remote AP/STA devices do. If you can access from remote location to AC2 diag page, than there shouldn't be a firewall problem.
The [TIMED_WAITING] entries aren't unusual.

The problem occurs even with the firewall disabled, so no, it's not firewall related.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 934
Solutions: 217

That was my intention to say, so you're right.
I'm asking because your outbound access/routing doesn't seems to be involved. (Ssh/Web access to device possible)
Did you checked your router/gateway if it's blocking the ac2 inbound traffic after some trigger?
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

@Skipper0815 wrote:
Did you checked your router/gateway if it's blocking the ac2 inbound traffic after some trigger?

That's where my suspicion has been.  But here's a couple of odd clues that don't seem to point that direction:

One is that the number of devices showing offline is always between 20-30 with the rest online.  The specific devices showing as offline will rotate around seemingly randomly.  If offline devices are directed to reconnect, they will, but then others will soon drop offline to bring the total offline back to between 20-30.  The amount of background traffic or time of day doesn't matter.

Second, when a device that has been offline for a while comes back online, often it's initial traffic graph indication is 1000+Mbps as though it's a cumulative total of the period of time it was offline.  The specific starting value varies.  Perhaps this is just a random fluke.  The AP's appear to do this every time, STA some of the time.

The AC2 server is not the least bit stressed resource-wise and reboot doesn't help.

Veteran Member

Are all the devices, that go offline, on a remote subnet connected via Internet to your local network with the Aircontrol2 server?
....or are there some local devices involved too?
My point is... could it be, that your public IP sometimes is not resolved for the remote devices?
Thx

@Skipper0815 wrote:
Are all the devices, that go offline, on a remote subnet connected via Internet to your local network with the Aircontrol2 server?
....or are there some local devices involved too?
My point is... could it be, that your public IP sometimes is not resolved for the remote devices?

It's a mix of local and subnet.  Doesn't appear to have any "preference" one over the other.

Veteran Member

I know we're little bit fishing in muddy waters, but years ago as I started with UniFi... there was a problem with the network connection of the machine. In my case there was "Access Connections" from IBM on the Thinkcentre machine installed, which changed sometimes the network Config little bit, an produced weird hidden errors.
Maybe you're something similar running on your machine, which is not installed on your Windows7 machine, which is running fine.
Something different I've seen is also, a special network chipset with additional software running... which the manufacturer promotes as "speed up" or something similar. Asus, gigabyte and some other companies.
The last notion in mind is any Antivirus solution.
For example, Avast has many network traffic filter criteria in addition to the windows firewall, some of them are blocking without any prompt.
Thx

Trouble is it went from working (after clean reinstall) to not working with no changes on that computer.  It's a server box that just runs with no additions or deletions except for occasional OS security updates.  No third party AV on that win10 machine either.  Nobody but me has access to it.

Veteran Member

You have a static IP for the server box on local subnet, haven't you?
Thx

@Skipper0815 wrote:
You have a static IP for the server box on local subnet, haven't you?

Yes

Veteran Member

Ok. never mind. was just a guess, but it's not the port mapping in your ISP Router, if I'm not wrong.
Thx
Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

Installed Beta 22 Client and Server on same W7 computer.  Forwarded 9081 TCP on my LAN firewall (and in W7 firewall; not sure this latter step needed).  W7 Private LAN Firewall off.  The station and its AP are both on public IPs, and I disabled the internal firewall on both.  Discovery worked fine, but could not connect for monitoring.

Logged out, then could not log back into server (client was trying the W7 LAN computer's address of 192.168.0.104:9081).  Changed client to 127.0.0.1:9081 and client connected to server.  This problem was seen as far back as Beta 8.   Some users would get stuck here. 

Could not connect to monitoring.  I found that the Control Panel/Monitoring Settings/Global Server's....field was empty. This needed the public IP of my LAN where the server was running.  Once I entered this, monitoring worked fine.  Did not need the login and password fields set in this same screen.    

ubnt.JPG

Some other poster showed this field empty earlier.   Hope this helps some.

Greg

Veteran Member

The Aircontrol2 global IP isn't really needed if the server is running behind NAT. LAN IP isn't public. You can see it in the logs, that the server is getting localhost and the LAN IP. Also the ssh credentials aren't needed. It makes start monitoring easier sometimes, if all devices share same ssh user/pw. The firewall deactivation isn't necessary when server/client running on same machine. Just change network neighborhood to private and make sure Antivir solution doesn't blocks localhost access attempts.
Thx
Kudos: 15

Update: I checked all the rules and they appeared to be set correctly for monitoring to take place. However, this did not fix the issue.  I have turned off firewall on both public and private networks and AC2 started monitoring all devices.

Since I was running beta18, I decided to try to upgrade to AC2 RC3. Now I am having Postgres Server problems. I cannot get past the "connect to server" box on the AC2 RC3 install. 

If I open Postgres separately and try to create a server, it will not connect. 

Veteran Member

Still the same Windows 10 machine?
.. so I'm guessing postgresql was installed during setup of aircontrol2?
so you're using "postgres" as user with password. did you checked it with pdadmin and also upgrade to ac2-ga release. in previous builds there was a bug with mixedcase passwords and postgresql.
Thx
Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

i have the same thing but even stranger

some of the CPE (even on the same subnet) are connected, and others give me the check firewall error...

wth.png

this is a W10 installation, had it on W2008R2SP1@vmware@web client monitoring ALL devices...

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 2

I had the same problem

Then it solved by:

* Configuring windows firewall to accept incoming connections on TCP port 9081 and 9082

* Configuring windows firewall to accept outgoing connections on UDP port 10001 and SSH port like Paetur said.

Smile5

Kudos: 159

XW.v6.0.4.30805.170505.1635# wget http://103.194.232.9:9081/AC2/report
Connecting to 103.194.232.9:9081 (103.194.232.9:9081)
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Veteran Member

[ Edited ]

@jetsj
1. That's ok. Routing works and ac2 beta server is answering correct.
2. public IPs on forum. I guess u changed it?? Man Wink
3. but what's your issue?

Thx

Just turn off windows firewall and use your antivirus firewall instead. The error stops and all devices will connect

Veteran Member
Kudos: 781
Solutions: 23

i'm getting the same issue but just 20 out of 552 when i do the SSH test says error getting request connection reset by peer