Highlighted
Accepted Solution

AirControl on CRM

Have a CRM Point running AirControl V2.1-BETA7-170804-1555.

I'm wondering if there is a newer version I can be running. Finding it tough to wade through the information here. The download page for the new BETA10 says "Debian installer for CRM Point: aircontrol_v2.1.0-beta10_all.deb", but the fwupdate tool on the unit won't process a .deb file. I assume it wants a .bin file which is what I originally used to get the current version installed.

Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 491
Solutions: 134

Re: AirControl on CRM

Debian package has to be installed via
'dpkg - i package.deb' ... not via fw tool.
Firmware was only for transition from old U CRM Control to clean Debian with postgreSQL and AC2.

I'm wondering how you installed beta7 there, because firmware comes with beta5.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 491
Solutions: 134

Debian package has to be installed via
'dpkg - i package.deb' ... not via fw tool.
Firmware was only for transition from old U CRM Control to clean Debian with postgreSQL and AC2.

I'm wondering how you installed beta7 there, because firmware comes with beta5.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

I reviewed my documentation from the initial setup. It indicates that I had downloaded CRM.mtk7623.v0.6.0.a670e69M.170615.0748.bin from somewhere on the site and that is what I had installed from. Then it goes on to say that after getting prompted to create a new user account, it just threw a message indicating there was a newer firmware to install. I let it do that. Those details could be a little off though as the documentation was done after the project.

In any event. Thanks for the help. That should be all I need to get me going in the right direction.

Cheers!