08-02-2016 04:30 AM - last edited on 09-08-2016 01:51 AM by UBNT-Karolis
When creating a problem report for airControl, please provide following information (as complete as possible) to help us resolve these problems and reduce troubleshooting time.
(For problems like: can't connect to server / can't start server / can't start client / error... / etc.):
- airControl version
- Server OS
- Client OS
- Java version (server and client side)
- Is it a fresh install or upgrade from older airControl version? From which version it was upgraded?
- Error message / screen-shot if present
Attach these files:
- Server log file
- Client log file
- Diagnostic page output (http://server_IP:9081/diag)
Logs are located in:
Windows server: C:\Program Files\Ubiquiti Networks\airControl2\logs
Windows client : C:\Users\<username>\.AirControl2\logs
Additionally for problems related to specific devices:
(For problems like: Can't add new device / can't monitor devices / can't configure devices / devices is "offline"):
- Device model
- Device firmware version
- Topology description:
Server behind router / firewall?
Firewall / port forward on device?
- Attach files: Device configuration file, Device properties screen shot
- Run commands when connected to device using ssh and attach output:
mca-ctrl -t status
If you do not want to post sensitive information to forums, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with link to post.
More useful info is here