Kudos: 5

Mac OS X client damaged

Trying to download and install the new beta Mac OS X client and I am getting a warning that the beta package is damaged and move it to trash. OS X is the latest and update. I uninstalled the old client and tried again with the same results.

Terri

Veteran Member
Kudos: 934
Solutions: 217

Re: Mac OS X client damaged

did you tried download again or with other browsers?
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

yes, Chrome and Firefox Trashed the old version and tried again. Still the same.

Veteran Member

Sadly there are no checksums for AC2 downloads, so maybe
@UBNT-Vlad or @UBNT-Karolis can help?
Thx

hi

i ve the same problem with Mac

I am getting a warning that the beta package is damaged and move it to trash

I am getting a warning that the normal  package on  website ubnt.com is damaged and move it to trash

Veteran Member

@sawek @tlkhorses

Could be glitch in installer or just corrupted files, but you should mention with which version you're seeing this issue... like:
macOS 10.14.1 (Mojave)
or
macOS 10.14.2 etc.
Thx

macOS 10.14.2

My original post says current version OS X.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 391
Solutions: 79

Hi @tlkhorses,

I'm working to fix the issue. It is due to to expired certificate for signing dmg image file (which just expired last month). I will be releasing Beta3 when I get this resolved. I hope on the first part of next week.

Ubiquiti Employee

To follow up with this issue. I still waiting for the certificate update, so the fix is postoned until Beta4. Generally you should be able to extract dmg file with some utility and bypass certificate test. The image file is not damaged.

Ubiquiti Employee

Ok, so it was not a certificate issue. The "corrupted" message is very misleading. The file is not corrupted and it is even signed using a valid certificate. Here is a link to an article describing how to workaround this restriction: https://secure.clcbio.com/helpspot/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=323

[ Edited ]

Yeah, mine was already set to allow "App Store and identified developers" and I still get the message. I'm running 10.14.2 Mojave. I've attached a screen shot of the message for completness. I tried again this morning. Also clicking on the question mark in that message gives me the below:

The app has been modified or damaged

The app has been modified, and its code does not match the original signed code. The app may be broken or corrupted, or it may have been tampered with. If you think that an app has been damaged or tampered with, you should delete it by dragging it to the Trash.

Some apps and tools, such as AppleScript or JavaScript applications and some legacy tools, modify themselves after signing. These types of apps cannot be opened unless you override the security settings on your Mac. See Open an app by overriding security settings.

To learn how to protect your Mac from harmful software, see Protect your Mac from malware.

See also
Change Security & Privacy General preferences on Mac
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.

tk

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 8.24.45 AM.png
Ubiquiti Employee

It seems that it's not enough now to have "App Store and identified developers". You need to run that command 

sudo spctl --master-disable

Worked for me.

Interesting, that does work. That command was meant for 10.12 I believe when Apple first made those security changes. They took the "anywhere" option out. So you would think with the cert, the second option from the security settings would work.

tk

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

The current certificate is actually still valid, I confused it with Windows certificate that got expired,