Emerging Member
Kudos: 161

Please Keep AirControl !

And give us the network configuration that has been promised.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 934
Solutions: 217

Re: Please Keep AirControl !

That was before UNMS was launched.
So no network config in Aircontrol2.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx
Kudos: 12

UNMS cannot do nearly half the stuff that AirControl can.  AirControl is a much better product from a wireless standpoint.  UNMS makes a lot of assumptions that it shouldn't.  UNMS cannot handle our 2100+ device network very well.  Devices are always disconnecting and reconnecting to UNMS.

SuperUser
Kudos: 1830
Solutions: 173
Contributions: 9

@rojuinex wrote:

UNMS cannot do nearly half the stuff that AirControl can.  AirControl is a much better product from a wireless standpoint.  UNMS makes a lot of assumptions that it shouldn't.  UNMS cannot handle our 2100+ device network very well.  Devices are always disconnecting and reconnecting to UNMS.

I too had problems with dis-, re-connections...  UNMS 0.13.1-Beta.1 improves on this ALOT.

/Paetur

Emerging Member
Kudos: 161

[ Edited ]

Can you please follow through on the commitments you've made to your loyal users? We make strategic decisions based on what you tell us is going to happen.

We have all more than patiently waited for AC1, AC2, UNMS and UCRM (mFi, crm point) etc etc etc to be fully fleshed out... We are not going to keep jumping around rebuilding and redesigning how we manage our networks every-time you guys decide to abandon a platform that you had encouraged us to commit to. UNMS has not proven effective, even close to what AC2 can provide -  We also spent a lot of time on CRM to find out its now temporary Mad5

Please finish the commitments made to us with AC2 and release the software with network configuration abilities that have been promised. 

Loyal UBNT users since 2006 - 

Kudos: 56
Solutions: 2

@JSF88 wrote:

We have all more than patiently waited for AC1, AC2, UNMS and UCRM (mFi, crm point) etc etc etc to be fully fleshed out... We are not going to keep jumping around rebuilding and redesigning how we manage our networks every-time you guys decide to abandon a platform that you had encouraged us to commit to. UNMS has not proven effective, even close to what AC2 can provide -  We also spent a lot of time on CRM to find out its now temporary Mad5

This!  

There's an old saying; fool me once, shame on you..   (Y'all know the rest).

This is getting old.. AC1 abandoned..

AC2 abandoned (yeah, I know we're getting bug updates... possibly.. but developement on it has ceased)

Now we're being asked to trust that you aren't gonna pull this #@#! a 3rd time...

I'd be really nice if you guys would pick a monitoring platform and stick with it.  

Maybe UNMS will be awesome when it's done, but it's no AC2 replacement yet.

+1

SuperUser
Kudos: 11073
Solutions: 684
Contributions: 1

Actually we're finding that UNMS is far better than AC2 - my Network Manager said (after looking at the newest UNMS installed and in testing) "This is exactly what we've been looking for since 1999 - and it's all here"   We use AC2 right now and are planning the conversion just as soon as the LTU radios are set up in UNMS.   And the UCRM integration happens as well...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Established Member
Kudos: 171
Solutions: 24

I don't care what UNMS can do if it is unable to give us a satellite map with lines at least as usable as the AC2 desktop.

It would be ok to work on the AC2's successor, but AC2 needs to be supported until it can be replaced with something that can do everything that AC2 can.

This is like airGateways being dropped before airCubes being even close to ready to replace them.

UBNT, why does this keep happening?

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

I miss those airGateways a looot!!
Established Member
Kudos: 332
Solutions: 40

Ubiquiti, if you're fully comitted to abandoning Aircontrol hen why don't you just open source AirControl so that your stupid* users can develop it as required and continue to run their businesses properly?

*clearely we're stupid as UBNT knows best and we should all be using the far superior UNMS/UCRM.

Established Member
Kudos: 79
Solutions: 2

@eejimm wrote:

Actually we're finding that UNMS is far better than AC2 - my Network Manager said (after looking at the newest UNMS installed and in testing) "This is exactly what we've been looking for since 1999 - and it's all here"   We use AC2 right now and are planning the conversion just as soon as the LTU radios are set up in UNMS.   And the UCRM integration happens as well...

Jim

The only problem with UNMS is the amount of time importing clients, assigning them to client accounts and then to sites. It’s so time consuming. 

Kudos: 975
Solutions: 44

@eejimm wrote:

Actually we're finding that UNMS is far better than AC2...

Jim

Better than AC2 for what and at what?

Kudos: 12

I would say there are other problems too like not being able to select the firmware version i.e. it just uses what ever is latest.  Sometimes I don't want to update a CPE on an AP to latest because the AP doesn't have latest and it's the middle of the day and we're having disconnect issues because someone updated a CPE to 8.5.x, but the tower is 8.4.y and we're having the dissconnections of death; but AC2 will only update to latest now I have to update several clients manually, or just use AC2 which supports this feature.

SuperUser
Kudos: 11073
Solutions: 684
Contributions: 1

@sbyrd wrote:

@eejimm wrote:

Actually we're finding that UNMS is far better than AC2...

Jim

Better than AC2 for what and at what?

Well, for one thing managing/monitoring  the hundreds of ERs and ESs we have in the system   And the ability to manage devices behind client firewalls (or CPE radios set as firewalls) like AirCubes or ER-Xs.  And the graphing capability for those devices.  And having one place to deal with radios and routers and switches is much better than the multiple tools we have to use now.   Plus we're getting into GPON and it understands OLT/ONUs too.

Does it do everything for radios that AC2 does right now?  Not really, and the change in the UI is jarring for thiose used to the Java client.   But you can run AC2 and UNMS at the same time (they don't fight each other) so there's no reason not to keep using AC2 for now as well - that's what we plan to do.  And once UCRM is integrated the total package will be hard to beat.   As my chief Networking Manager said "This is what' we've been looking for since 1999!"

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)