Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 767
Solutions: 29

Feature request: Configuration of device when it comes online...

I could very much use a feature where I'm able to (re)configure an offline device, and when it comes online it's configured with the settings I chose when it was offline.

Would that be possible ?

Cannot configure a device that is offline.png

Veteran Member
Kudos: 877
Solutions: 203

Re: Feature request: Configuration of device when it comes online...

That would be very dangerous in many situations.
example: offline device has meanwhile different mode, firmware or any other critical parameter.
Pushing your temp config could lead to loss of connection, access or some unresponsive state.
There're many possible fail scenarios.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1625
Solutions: 246

This would seem reasonable to me with a suitable warning. What do you think @UBNT-Karolis?
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 361
Solutions: 76

Hi @jjonsson,

one problem with this is that we can not upload and apply configuration for offline device and would have to save it to some temporary storage and management of these configs would add another level of complexity, which is not very welcome. Also we can not guarantee that device returning online will not have changes that affects already updated config and it would be unclear what to do with those changes, it could be even another device (in case of replaced device). This would be a rather large feature and we currently only working on bug fixes and small improvements.