Highlighted
Kudos: 68
Solutions: 1

mass remove AC2 from radios

Hi,

what is the preffered method for me to remove the AC2 scheduler/keys from arround 2000 orphaned devices in my network?

I have some devices reporting every 30 seconds to IP's that were used as the server years ago.

i believe that deleting the /mcuser directory in the devices should revert them to a "virgin" state when it comes to AirControl servers it was associated with. is there anywhere else in the devices AC2 leaves config files?

i need to do that for all radios in the network. Is there any function built in AC2 to "remove all other AC2 instances from device"?

Kudos: 66
Solutions: 22

Re: mass remove AC2 from radios

airControl 1/2 just add an entry to /etc/persistent/mcuser/.ssh/authorized_keys (it is the public SSH key of the airControl server and the reporting URL) so the following will remove ALL reporter entries:

rm /etc/persistent/mcuser/.ssh/authorized_keys && cfgmtd -w -p /etc/

If you only want to remove some reporter entries the command mca-provision-list displays them, and the command mca-provision-rm URL removes the specified reporter URL. I vaguely seem to remember that is the URL doesn't exist it removes all entries, so test on a few devices.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 76

Hi @guipoletto,

commands needed to remove reporting are explained here https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/220284408-airControl-Debugging-and-Troubleshooting

Check these:

• mca-ctrl -t stop -s <url of airControl>
  • mca-provision-rm

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 1

Yeah.... the prospect of logging in to 2000+ devices and removing that one-by-one (i have radios reporting to up to 3 servers,accumulated over the years....).

I was hoping AC2 would have an option to "remove all other servers other than me from my adopted radios", en-masse.

Thanks all for the help!